Traverse City Area Smallmouth Fishing Lake Leelanau

Jim and I might try to have a little better timing on Lake Leelanau in the future. We hit it just a touch early last spring and still managed to find some nice ones. Just didn't get the numbers and the weather wasn't the greatest for filming. Here is some of our day on Lake Leelanau.

https://rumble.com/vu12lh-lake-leela...66lt3&mc=9e0fe

LeelanauSmall.jpg

I wish you two guys would stop beating up all of our Michigan fish lol

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Well done! For some reason every single time I go there it's "too early". AKA I stink at that lake

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by School Master View Post
    Well done! For some reason every single time I go there it's "too early". AKA I stink at that lake
    I'm with you! My timing must always be off on Lake Leelanau too. That lake always wins whenever I'm on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I wish you two guys would stop beating up all of our Michigan fish lol
    lol. Put up Indiana Lake and Ohio lake in the last month also. Although those Michigan lakes do fish better.

I'm with you! My timing must always be off on Lake Leelanau too. That lake always wins whenever I'm on it.
    This time didn't pan out for numbers for sure. Last time was there was 7 or 8 years ago I'm guessing it was pretty fantastic in the short amount of time I had. I was expecting the same this time, but just wasn't seeing the fish like I did that previous trip. Some big one's swim in there so it's worth it to keep trying until you hit it right. Green Lake over that way did the same thing to me. Hit it good one year and have been trying to duplicate it ever since without the same results.

6. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    Very nice once again. Thanks for taking the time to share
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by RangerTim619 View Post
    Very nice once again. Thanks for taking the time to share

Chomping at the bit right now. It's about time to take the reels in for a quick lube before spring.