Upgrading TM to Ultrex

Well I finally decided to upgrade the original Motor-guide 67# trolling motor to a 80# Ultrex. Will be installing on the next decent weekend. Any one installed one on their Cobra?
    2000 COBRA 201D
    Suzuki 200 4 Stroke

2. Member
    I have a 36v 112 on mine.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

I put one on mine before I sold it, had plenty of power and I didn’t want to add another battery to an already small battery compartment.

Easy to swap out. I've had four trolling motors on mine in the 22 years I've owned it. Most recently I swapped out a Fortrex for a new Tour Pro.

Tom

5. Member
    I have a 112 52” on mine.

6. Member
    I put ultrex on my 99 201D 2 years ago went with 24v 80# does ok but only last 4to5 hours @ 1.5 to 1.75 mph when rigging maybe the 36v would last longer
    MoChuck

I put a 80# Ultrex on my Cobra 201 and it's great!!

What length shaft did you go with?
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEO COBRA 98 View Post
    I put a 80# Ultrex on my Cobra 201 and it's great!!

9. Member
    I run a MG Digital Tour 82# 50" shaft and picked up a 75# 45" shaft spare, since like TX201 pointed out, I didn't want the added weigh of a battery and redoing the wiring system. This TM has no problem pushing my boat around even against current and wind.
    I like the set up of the 2 being easily interchangeable in a pinch.
    Last edited by digthemup; 02-25-2022 at 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling

The Heater, the 24 volt 80# comes with a 45" shaft

11. Member

2000 COBRA 201D
    Suzuki 200 4 Stroke

12. Member
    Got it installed, all good to go. Cant wait to try it out!

https://eu.zonerama.com/UKfishin/Pho...2065/311364143
    2000 COBRA 201D
    Suzuki 200 4 Stroke

13. Member
    If you are thinking about adding an Ultrex and maybe on the fence because of the price. Well I'm here to tell ya, its worth every penny! GAME CHANGER! I haven't been this excited about my boats capabilities since the very first bass boat I bought 25 years ago!
    2000 COBRA 201D
    Suzuki 200 4 Stroke

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UKFISHIN View Post
    If you are thinking about adding an Ultrex and maybe on the fence because of the price. Well I'm here to tell ya, its worth every penny! GAME CHANGER! I haven't been this excited about my boats capabilities since the very first bass boat I bought 25 years ago!
    What did you find the greatest benefit apart of the additional thrust? since you went from a 67# to 82#

Thanks

15. Member
    The Digital Maximizer feature of the Ultrex means you can get five times longer run time out of your batteries because it only delivers the amount of power you need. So you don’t have to worry about running out of energy as I have previously done. The i-Pilot link remote will tell you how much battery you have left so that you won’t be surprised by a battery dying. If you want the ability to control your Ultrex, Humminbird sonar, and Minn Kota Talons, then the One-Boat Network is your answer. You can operate any compatible products from anywhere in the boat using the app, remote control, or Humminbird fish finder. It offers the option to use the sonar transducer brand of your choice. However, you will not have the full capability of the One-Boat Network when you use a brand other than Humminbird for your sonar. The i-Pilot Link Integrated GPS Trolling System allows you to operate your trolling motor from Humminbird electronics, follow depth contours, set spot-lock, record your path, and automatically take you to your prime fishing locations. I love the lift-assist function. It causes the motor to lift with less force easily, so you won’t be fatigued from picking it up all day. The steering lock function means you don’t have to worry about taking your foot off of the pedal and the motor changing directions on you. Once you remove your foot from the pedal, the motor will stay facing in the direction. I’ve nearly been thrown out of the boat by other trolling motors while I’m battling a fish because a wave changed the direction of the motor. Power steering, Not only is it responsive, but it offers you precise boat control and is comfortable for all-day use. Spotlock feature was a game-changer. Since it offers you the ability to click the spot lock button and lock into the position with the GPS anchor, you don’t have to worry about spooking more fish while you’re landing one in the back of the boat.
    2000 COBRA 201D
    Suzuki 200 4 Stroke

16. Member
    Thank you for the information, but it sound like I will be running my current TM for a while longer, since I don't link anything and I don't seem to be having that much of an issue needing power steering.

17. Member
    Has anyone gone from a 36v to 24v and regretted it? I currently fly have a 35v 101 fortrex on my 98 201D. Planning on upgrading to an ultrex soon. If I go to a 80# will I regret it? Wind blows in Kansas A LOT!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cane72 View Post
    Has anyone gone from a 36v to 24v and regretted it? I currently fly have a 35v 101 fortrex on my 98 201D. Planning on upgrading to an ultrex soon. If I go to a 80# will I regret it? Wind blows in Kansas A LOT!
    Cane
    Check post #9 which is the set up I am running when switched from original.

19. Member
    Mine was delivered on Saturday. Hoping to get a good day this week to get it installed and out on the water we go!

Quote Originally Posted by cane72 View Post
    While I can't answer your question, I will say the wind blows in West Texas a lot and I never had any issues. If by a lot you mean taking waves over the bow while fishing, the only issue I had was the trolling motor coming out of the water, but never lacked for power. I fish heavy cover quite a bit, that is why I didn't opt for the longer shaft.