Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Update not what you think

Installed the update in my GPSMAP8612XSV tried it today . VERY DISAPPOINTED . Detail has gone from what I had before , tried several settings to get a better picture , nothing worked still and bad detail . Lost the blue screen which is my main screen that I use . Fished a lake that has lay down logs that I have fished before and could distinguish the individual limbs on the logs . Logs look like broken lines now . Have been running LS for many years . Before this update I had a ghost tree and a dead spot that I had learned to live with . Hopefully Garmin can fix this I'm going to call them tomorrow . I'm fishing in shallow water less than 15 ft.

Jim, please update after speaking with Garmin

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

3. Member
    I will DonnieG . Have been seeing other people on some other forums saying they have already called Garmin about the problem . They say Garmin wants PICS or Videos Before and after . I don't have any before pics and if I sent them the after pics they won't know they were looking at anyway .

That’s not what you want to hear
    I love the blue palette and the detail I get now
    I guess living in the great white north and being snowed in is a blessing in disguise right now
    I will say I’d rather have the detail even with the GT and noise
    I’ll be watching this closely
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Member
    Well just got off phone with tech from Garmin . Tech said that he would research , wanted pics. or videos , gave e-mail address to send to him instead of main Garmin site . Don't know when I will be able to go again due to weather . Told him how it affected blue pallet and lose of detail when scanning laying logs. He was going to check with another tech that fishes like I do and try to get his setting for me to try when I'm able to get back on lake . Hopefully Garmin can do something about this new update and how it changed what we are seeing know after the new update.

Do they have a way to roll back to the previous version?

would be nice to have a few people submit views of structure in both versions for a more accurate comparison

I enjoy doing test like this but unfortunately it’s all hard water up here right now
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member
    My unit works really well with other colors. I sometimes used the blue but I'm ok with the improvements that if the blue color does not work I will use the one's that work well. Hopefully they can fix the blue issue. Yesterday I was fishing in 12 to 15 feet of water and could see fish out to 40 feet back to under the boat.

8. Member
    I've not run the update on mine yet, but I've seen a lot of talk on the various Garmin Facebook groups about the same issue. Is it similar to what is shown on this video? If so, maybe the video can be shared with Garmin:
    John

2016 Tracker Pro Guide V16 WT w/2019 Mercury 90 4 Stroke and Terrova 55
    Garmin 93SV UHD (Bow), Garmin 73SV UHD (Console), Garmin Livescope (Bow on Fishing Specialties Bowducer)
    Dakota 100AH TM Battery, Ionic 125AH Cranking/House Battery;
    Dual Power-Pole Micros

Quote Originally Posted by jim mitchell View Post
    Well just got off phone with tech from Garmin . Tech said that he would research , wanted pics. or videos , gave e-mail address to send to him instead of main Garmin site . Don't know when I will be able to go again due to weather . Told him how it affected blue pallet and lose of detail when scanning laying logs. He was going to check with another tech that fishes like I do and try to get his setting for me to try when I'm able to get back on lake . Hopefully Garmin can do something about this new update and how it changed what we are seeing know after the new update.
    Jim, I assume you already did this but just want to be sure. Did you make sure you reset the color limit back to 0 after experimenting with it, or reset the sonar defaults?
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Member
    Before I share my findings, a little information. I'm a VERY experienced Livescope user on my lake, which is deep and clear. I have been running a 126SV Echomap for some time and use Livescope over a hundred days a year. I fish deep with a dropshot often (over 70' is common currently) and rely on Livescope to find/track spotted bass. I installed the latest update three days ago and have over twelve hours of time with it now. After trying lots of settings and configurations with the new color limit, I ended up turning that feature off. Even then however, my images are not as clear or crisp as they were before. It is still very good, but not as good as it was before. Also, its not as smooth when I scan - almost a bit like a very short hesitation at times. Hard to describe this last finding but I will be anxious to hear other's comments. I emailed Garmin Support today and gave them my findings/opinion. I would encourage others to give Garmin as much detailed feedback as possible if you experience similar issues to mine.

11. Member
    I took mine out yesterday and have tried different settings. My only con is it seemed like I lost alot of fish on the screen. I know they were bass which usually has good returns but seemed to just fade out quick and took a while to find again if I could. Did they turn and just get out of the beam? Not sure if anyone else is seeing this but going back out soon and going to try again.

12. Member
    I agree with the above post as well.

13. Member
    I guess I will be holding off on the update. Was really hoping it would clear up some of the screen clutter and still be as good but it doesn't sound that way

14. Member
    Todd did both of what you mentioned . Have you tried the new update yet ? I have been on several forums with others saying they got similar results that I experienced . If you have tried it forward your settings that other might use them to see any improvements .

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Do they have a way to roll back to the previous version?

would be nice to have a few people submit views of structure in both versions for a more accurate comparison

I enjoy doing test like this but unfortunately it’s all hard water up here right now

I have the following versions saved on my laptop for EchoMAP Units

ECHOMAP VERSIONS.png

And this one (pre-perspective) for the GPSMAP units

GPSMAP VERSION.png

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and, he'll lay out of work, miss dinner dates with the wife....and live happily ever after"

"He, who dies with the most toys, wins"

16. Member
    Jim,

Do you still have the card that I sent you. If you do, rolling back is pretty simple.

Gary

17. Member
    I was on the phone with Garmin yesterday and was told there’s no rolling back! I have the software version before this update! Tell me how to do a roll back!

18. Member
    I'm glad I hate all this update stuff I don't worry about updating its fine the way I've gotten used to when I bought it

19. Member
    Gary I don't have it , not sure you can roll back after updating to the new update .

20. Member
    Gary I was wrong I do have the update you sent me .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast