Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I would recommend this one. Does a great job and cuts a long time on 1 charge.

https://www.amazon.com/Greenworks-Br...ks%2C56&sr=1-5

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    I have been down this road. Done hours of research.
    Milwaukee chainsaw and a 12AH battery and it will blow your mind.
    Agree! My son and I both have one and it will cut just as fast as my 025 Stihl. Best friend has a Stihl electric and it isn’t good for much but trimming limbs. I can run it one handed though.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BASSBUZZ View Post
    I bought a Mikita 16 inch 36 volt saw a few months ago. I have been EXTREMELY impressed with it.
    I got the same one last year and also got a 12" blade and chain for it for smaller jobs. So nice to be able to use the same batteries as the rest of my cordless tools.

I have an Ego 18" as I'm already invested in Ego yard tools. Haven't used it yet

My dad picked up a couple clearance Greenworks saws at Northern Tool a few years ago and they have worked well.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

5. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I just got a 12" Dewalt for christmas. Have not used it yet but the electric ones I've seen used were nice. I just do not need one enough to have gas. They are real nice also when you are trying to be discreet cutting down trees on the bank to sink.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Stihl makes a battery powered saw that gets fantastic reviews, even from loggers.
    My aunt has two of them and will probably sell her gas saws. Said it's easier to use the 2nd one than switching battery packs and chains. And she's no spring chick so not having to yank on a gas saw is a huge plus.

7. Member
    I am very happy with my Stihl it does anything I need it to so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    Anyone running one? Looking at one for around the house use and to keep in my truck for going to hunting camp for clearing fallen trees on the road (mostly cherry and maple)

Had a gas powered saw and found that i didn't use it enough to keep the carb from gumming up.

I was looking at this one..

https://www.harborfreight.com/40v-li...nly-56938.html
    I have this exact saw.....I am very, very happy with it. With what you plan to do with it, it will work great. I have put mine through hell over the last 6 months and its been rock solid. I will say if you're wanting to use it for a full day, get you a spare battery. The saw itself, im very happy with.

The Ego one is great. Takes regular blades as well.

10. Member
    Funny you asked ---I have been using one this morning . My Brother has a Hart 40v 14inch from Wally World. I used it all morning ---very impressed , did a great job !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

11. Member
    Recently bought the Makita 16 36 volt. Purchased a ripping chain to go with it and plan to do some small slab projects. I have used it two times to test it. On maple and beech. Cuts like butter.

12. Member
    I've got a Poulan 16" Gas Saw and a small 18.5 V 10" B&D battery operated one.. I use the B&D 90% of the time.. not going to lie, it's very handy

I bought a Lynxx battery chainsaw from HF and have been very pleased. I have a neighbor with a bucket truck, he topped 2 huge wild cherry trees for me, the Lynxx performed flawlessly when I sawed the limbs up to burn. The biggest ones were 10" dia, saw had plenty of power.

(606)305-1956

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    This is what I use too. It's pretty solid. Same battery runs my pole saw. When I'm clearing / setting up a new stand, I don't even take a gas saw anymore. Just the Milwaukee saw and pole saw.
    Thank you just pushed me over the edge. I needed that.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

I was looking at this one..

https://www.harborfreight.com/40v-li...nly-56938.html[/QUOTE]

I have this saw. Works well for small trees and downed limbs. Perfect for me, when the battery runs down, I'm ready for a break anyway.

16. Member

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiemoman View Post
    I have this saw. Works well for small trees and downed limbs. Perfect for me, when the battery runs down, I'm ready for a break anyway.[/QUOTE]

I have this one also. It worked well for me cutting down an elm tree that had split. With constant use the battery gets hot and run down so you have to take a break to recharge and cool down. I should have bought a second battery would’ve been useful for that big job. Now I just use my t for trimming and it’s sufficient.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    Anyone running one? Looking at one for around the house use and to keep in my truck for going to hunting camp for clearing fallen trees on the road (mostly cherry and maple). l
    Also come in handy if a person was trying to be stealthy making brush piles to sink to fish in summer when they fish move offshore. Or atleast that's what i've been told.

19. Member
    I have ego battery saw and I love it. It is 56 volt battery 5 ah and 16 “ bar. I have yet to run out of battery will cutting fire wood.
    Battery charges in 90 minutes.

20. Member
    My wife has a 24v Kobalt saw. While I'm working, she runs around all over the farm cutting down small trees and brush. Loves it. Has three 4 amphour batteries. The good thing about lower voltage is i also use the batteries for drills, blowers, and my livescope.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast