Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. Member
    Got another update from my supplier about these injectors. They were supposed to become available april 29, now theyre saying June 10. Is there any legitimacy to these dates or should i expect this to keep extending indefinitely?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Legitimate in that there simply are none available, and they have zero control over when they actual do receive some.

I feel your pain- be thankful you're only waiting for the ones in YOUR engine. I honestly don't know how many dozen I have backordered currently.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Update... the injectors are now delayed until July 15. I really hope this doesnt just go on and on forever. Not sure where they get these dates or what they mean, but if any of you guys have any available please let me know! I know its a shot in the dark but im exhausting all possible options at this point.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'm hopeful that the latest date we were given will actually materialize...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Well, the delays continue. New date is August 30. Now im concerned about the fuel sitting in my boat. Its been in there since early april.

Do i need to pump it out? Iirc theres about a half tank and it has quickleen+quickare in the recommended amounts.

6. Member
    id wait lil bit
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'd do the same... hopefully you'll see those parts sooner.

8. Member
    Started to think the day would never come
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

10. Member
    report back with results of new inj running quality please
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

11. Member
    Don mentioned something about breaking in new injectors. Should i be running lower rpm for awhile or anything?

Ill be installing tomorrow, test drive Friday afternoon hopefully.

12. Member
    use breakin recomendation for rpm for couple hrs , use cocktail in fuel

13. Member
    Got everything back together and test drove today. So far so good. Idled nice and smooth, no trouble getting on pad. Going again tomorrow, fingers crossed. Gonna continue to keep it below WoT for awhile as recommended.

14. Member
    Still running good! Hopefully this solves it and i can move on to preventative maintenance!

Thanks a ton to everyone here for all the help!

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad to hear it.

Injectors simply wear in are more consistent (usually) after 10 hours or so. Not really anything you need to do other than the cocktail (just takes time and use).

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910