Thread: My new RT188P

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exFirefighter View Post
    Looking to add the struts to compartments. I've found bracket heights vary from 3/4 inch to 1 1/4 inch tall. The ones on the rod locker appear to be 1 1/8 inch tall. Which did you use and where did you find them?
    I found them on Ebay, the title is, (Nitro Prop 10mm Gas Spring Strut Reverse Angle Ball Bracket Mount Plate Link) They show a picture that is silver color, but i can tell you, the 3 i ordered are the exact ones that came on my boat from the factory and are black. i also found the exact same gas springs on Ebay as well.
    2022 RT188P
    Mercury 115 Pro XS 24p Tempest +
    Elite FS7 x 2, Carbon 9
    Dual Power-Pole Sportsman II
    Lowrance Ghost with Bobs prop nut and Crown weed chopper
    Atlas 5" hydraulic JP
    Sonic Hub 2, Point-1, Vessel View Mobile

2. Member
    Thanks. I ordered a pair of 10 inch, 30 lb struts and replaced the coinbox 8 in strut with a 10. The coinbox lid opens up slightly past 90 degrees now. I'm using the other 10 on the front right compartment and a 12 in 40 lb for the left compartment.

3. Member
    Nice looking boat!

How do you like the Lowrance setup?

I had Garmin in my last boat but I am considering Lowrance when I get the new one.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    How do you like the Lowrance setup?

I had Garmin in my last boat but I am considering Lowrance when I get the new one.
    i love it, there are definitely some things i would change if i was part of the engineering team for sure, i really like how fast and easy it is to make a trail for the ghost to follow, then how easy it is to make the ghost follow that trail, Pause then resume. The integration is nice, also have a sonic hub that i control from any of the three units for my music. I also have Navico products in my sailboat which is fully integrated for a wide array of things.
    2022 RT188P
    Elite FS7 x 2, Carbon 9
    Atlas 5" hydraulic JP

Quote Originally Posted by Carl M View Post
    i love it, there are definitely some things i would change if i was part of the engineering team for sure, i really like how fast and easy it is to make a trail for the ghost to follow, then how easy it is to make the ghost follow that trail, Pause then resume. The integration is nice, also have a sonic hub that i control from any of the three units for my music. I also have Navico products in my sailboat which is fully integrated for a wide array of things.

7. Member
    Nice work, congrats and good luck.

8. Member
    Very nice setup. Wish the P was being made when I got mine. I confess I don't understand why they continue to use CT motors on 1300# hulls. My 2.07gears swing a 19" X7 5600rpm, for 45 light and 43 heavy at hole #3.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl M View Post
    Here is the 3 in 1 transducer that came with the Carbon, its mounted in the same location as the factory 2 in 1. This install is pretty much perfect, the motor trimmed all the way down won't get in the way, its tilted forward 4 degrees so that it is level at scanning speed of around 5 mph, it also gives a really good picture up in the mid 30 mph range too. you can also see i have a hydraulic Atlas JP, they say 4" on Ranger site but it moves 5"

Attachment 478005Attachment 478006
    Great job! Everything looks well thought out.

One tip for you though. You may want to add two more screws to the top of your transducer mount. See attached pics.

I had my fasteners exactly like yours until I noticed the transducer seemed loose. Upon inspection I found the cracks and replaced the mount. This time with an additional fasteners at the top of each outer slot to keep it from flexing as much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdixer View Post
    Great job! Everything looks well thought out.

One tip for you though. You may want to add two more screws to the top of your transducer mount. See attached pics.

I had my fasteners exactly like yours until I noticed the transducer seemed loose. Upon inspection I found the cracks and replaced the mount. This time with an additional fasteners at the top of each outer slot to keep it from flexing as much.
    good catch on that one, thanks for the heads up.
    2022 RT188P
    Elite FS7 x 2, Carbon 9
    Atlas 5" hydraulic JP

11. Member
    How did you attach the struts to the lids ?

12. Member
    I used rivets through the top.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123