Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wow, they just keep getting cheaper

Pool 10

2. Member
    Do not know anything about that brand. They are getting cheaper though and when you factor in the warranty they start to look very appealing.

3. Member
    Just get 3 of these for a 36 volt system, and good to go.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0923...pd_rd_wg=bZczd

Pocket change for most bass fishermen.

It’s still hard to directly compare those LifePO4 batteries to some of the more established brands. The warranty on many of these cheaper batteries is as clear as mud. And customer service is available within our shores.
    Offer me a cheaper lithium battery with a clearly stated warranty and outstanding customer service, and I’m all over it. Until then cheap doesn’t necessarily mean a bargain.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    It’s still hard to directly compare those LifePO4 batteries to some of the more established brands. The warranty on many of these cheaper batteries is as clear as mud. And customer service is available within our shores.
    Offer me a cheaper lithium battery with a clearly stated warranty and outstanding customer service, and I’m all over it. Until then cheap doesn’t necessarily mean a bargain.
    +1000

I know I can get ahold of Andy pretty darn quick if any issues arise.
    Fish have fins, they swim

6. Banned
    more chins than a Chinese phone book

7. Banned
    600 ratings averaging a 4.7 out of 5.0 says a lot when customers are as picky as they are these days.

8. Member
    I know everyone keeps talking about only buying from a higher trusted company who you can get ahold of, but you don't buy a battery expecting to have issues. Prices are getting to the point now that if you do happen to have an issue, just buying a new one isn't that unreasonable. I'm not making the swap myself just yet, but just pointing out an observation. Some ppl are accustomed to replacing a $99-$300 battery every few years as it is, so would it be the end of the world if you had to do the same with these?
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by old4runner View Post
    600 ratings averaging a 4.7 out of 5.0 says a lot when customers are as picky as they are these days.
    Boy, do I have bad news for you about the amazon reviews lol
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Boy, do I have bad news for you about the amazon reviews lol
    No need I tend to develop my own opinions. Not new to Amazon. . Where are the LiFeP04 made? Yet we know this Chinese factory is better than that Chinese factory?

I get it though folks don't want to even consider they did not get the best deal ever and have "a guy" to call.

No need I tend to develop my own opinions. Not new to Amazon. .

I get it though folks don't want to even consider they did not get the best deal ever and have "a guy" to call.

Huh

12. Member
    I bought one. It was all I can find in South America after DHL wanted $800 to ship and iconic to me. Runs my 12v trolling motor great for at least two days. I also hook up my livescope to it when my only dewalt batt runs out after 5 hours. Have only had it a few months, but so far so good. Luckily it just says LifePo4 and not CHINS.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Huh

Lo entiendo, aunque la gente ni siquiera quiere considerar que no obtuvieron el mejor trato y tienen "un tipo" para llamar.

14. Member
    2nd review on Amazon may be indicative of why the reviews are so high:

"They requiring customers to remove negative reviews in order for them to get a refund for their defective batteries. To read the details, google this: diysolarforum CHINS review
    and you will see everything you need to know."
    2023 Puma STS

15. Member
    I don't see anything about a charger that is EASY for me to understand.

16. Member
    I actually bought their 100ah one. it has done great for the last year. if I remember right it was $579

17. Member
    somebody should test fate.buy one and crank a new merc with it..live dangerously

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST!!!!!!

Lo entiendo, aunque la gente ni siquiera quiere considerar que no obtuvieron el mejor trato y tienen "un tipo" para llamar.
    The comments literally proved my point.

19. Member
    This one was specifically taken apart by a YouTuber that reviews lithiums. It WAS a good battery. It’s only downfall was that it did not have a low temp cutoff (cheap ways around that IF you have to charge in temps below freezing). Another brand that was good was Ampere Time and Zoom. The YouTuber even suspected that all three were the same company or got their batteries from the same source. The prices ARE coming down. As cheap as some of these are (sub $380), “warranties” from “name brand” companies start to become irrelevant - many of these haven’t been around that long themselves and who knows if they will be 10 years from now as more cheap (and getting better) lithiums start to flood the market and these guys don’t adjust their prices.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    It’s still hard to directly compare those LifePO4 batteries to some of the more established brands.
    What “established” brands? LOL. Lithium Pros are the only ones I remember being around over 10 years ago.

This market is on the verge of shaking itself out and we consumers are going to get the benefit of it really soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast