Tatula 3000 LT CHX?

Are there any upgrades worth doing to this reel?
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

its a pretty sweet reel as it is, I have 2 of the 4000 on a 7-6 ML rods, not thinking there is much you can do to them. If you want more step up to the Certate or Exist.
    Mine are nice and worn in, where they the handle will keep spinning if you just give it a nudge.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    its a pretty sweet reel as it is, I have 2 of the 4000 on a 7-6 ML rods, not thinking there is much you can do to them. If you want more step up to the Certate or Exist.
    Mine are nice and worn in, where they the handle will keep spinning if you just give it a nudge.
    it’s definitely nice but I’m having a issue with the anti reverse slipping so I’m going to send it to the tackle trap. And was going to tune it up if it’s worth it.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

4. Member
    A cleaning from the tackle trap is all you need!

The Tackle Trap is the place to get it cleaned for sure!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    it’s definitely nice but I’m having a issue with the anti reverse slipping so I’m going to send it to the tackle trap. And was going to tune it up if it’s worth it.
    The anti-reverse clutch slipping on the Tatula LT is a VERY common issue sadly. It's the achilles heel on these reels. I wish they just got rid of the stupid switch all together, who backreels anymore?

I have a bunch of Tatula LT's and the one upgrade I do on all of them is to upgrade the handle knobs from shims to bearings. It removes the side to side "slop" for very little money.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    The anti-reverse clutch slipping on the Tatula LT is a VERY common issue sadly. It's the achilles heel on these reels. I wish they just got rid of the stupid switch all together, who backreels anymore?

I have a bunch of Tatula LT's and the one upgrade I do on all of them is to upgrade the handle knobs from shims to bearings. It removes the side to side "slop" for very little money.
    If it happens again after I get it back I might look at a shimano spinning reel to replace it.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat