Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    You haven't experienced pain until mom wore you out with a fresh switch then doctored the bleeding welts with Merthiolate.

2. Member
    Never heard the Hot Wheels track before. Apparently they were a popular option. The orange plastic ones about an inch and a half wide? I imagine those hurt.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Upstate Gamecock View Post
    What really hurt was when Grandma used switch from bush in back yard and made me go out and get her one to use on me. Those new, green ones would wrap around your leg like a whip.
    You knew you screwed up when she told you to do that, made it worse when you didn't bring the right switch back the first time

4. Member
    Mom would hit me with the spoon. But no matter how hard she hit me it didn’t really hurt. I would eventually start laughing, even if I tried to hold back. That would really piss her off. Then maybe dad would get involved. He used a shoe, with a foot in it. That was not so funny.

5. Member
    My Mom threw anything she could get her hands on.
    Dad use his leather belt. You could sometimes talk him
    out of the whipping but once he reached for the belt
    there was no going back. Can’t say I ever got a whipping
    that I didn’t deserve.

6. Member
    Hot wheels track! Two of them!

7. Member
    LMAO,
    I have heard hot wheels track a few times. I never got that one. My mother was more dangerous than the first 3 put together. When Dad got involved it was serious I didnt get too many of those but I remember EVERY one of them.

The last time i got it. I was 18 years old. Sitting at the kitchen table running my mouth. Mom was peeling potatoes at the stove. She says'' you need to shut up'' accompanied with a look of seriousness. I kept on. Next thing I know something hits me in the side of the head and nearly knocked me out of the chair. She came over the top like Nolan Ryan with one of those potatoes. It had already been boiled so it was soft. It exploded on impact. It was like a cartoon. My silhouette was on the china cabinet behind me in potato matter. It was even on the ceiling. I shut up after that. Then had to clean it all up.
    Great memory and the very last time I ever ran my mouth

Coat hanger will welt you up pretty good.

9. Member
    My mother told my brother to get a switch in backyard. It was meant for me. He barely could drag the limb. We enjoyed it when the brother got whacked.

Leather straps, belts, spatulas, hair brushes, a punch or two and switches . Got hit a lot. Can't say I didn't deserve being punished but it was extreme.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid---Ben Franklin

10. Member
    And we were scared of mama and her wooden spoon and switch more that any other weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Momma wasn't limited to the options above. She used whatever was handy.
    Yep, me with one hand and whatever was within reach in the other
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

12. Member
    Very seldom did I mouth off to my Mom but was almost 18 when I made the mistake of talking back to Mom when my Dad was walking into the kitchen. All I remember was my face hitting the refrigerator.

13. Member
    Dad used his shoes, and could hit you in the back from 20 feet while running away from him, he had great aim !

Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    I had a skillet hit me in the ankle, and once foot. So for my mom a skillet needs to be added. And broom.
    bump
    Last edited by rjvana; 01-26-2022 at 03:02 PM. Reason: wrong one

Quote Originally Posted by OdingyNBugs View Post
    Leather belt... Oh the memories
    This also.

16. Member
    My Mom could take you out with a shoe at 25 yards.

17. Member
    Dad hated switches, he used a belt. Mom hated belts, she used a switch. My totally unbiased experienced opinion based upon many applications of each is that the switch is by far the worst of the two!
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

18. Member
    I'd rather have dad grab the barbed wire then mom give a 30 minute lecture. Let's just get it over with, torn flesh and all..

Hahah need to add dad with the belt. My old man used to keep it in the oven drawer and it was named "repeat". If he had to repeat himself, guess what... lol

Quote Originally Posted by madmurph View Post
    Never heard the Hot Wheels track before. Apparently they were a popular option. The orange plastic ones about an inch and a half wide? I imagine those hurt.
    MWe had a 33 gallon garbage can pretyy full of Hot Wheel Track. I did something one day that got me in trouble. Dad was close to this can of track and grabbed a handful. Either side will leave a mark I recall one with a belt, and another time that my dad made me go and cut my own switch. Don't think I actually got a whoop'n that time but a good stern talking too. I was about to the age that it would have to been beyond a spanking to have truly hurt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast