Thread: New graph wires

New graph wires

So I ran 8gauge wire from battery fused 35 amp near battery 8 ft run to blue seas fuse block than another 10ft run 8 gauge wire to bow my question is do I need another fuse between my 8gauge and lowrances power cable wire being its smaller gauge . Thanks

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ser68 View Post
    So I ran 8gauge wire from battery fused 35 amp near battery 8 ft run to blue seas fuse block than another 10ft run 8 gauge wire to bow my question is do I need another fuse between my 8gauge and lowrances power cable wire being its smaller gauge . Thanks
    Yes best to fuse or circuit breaker. Most people will fuse the power cord but it would not be my idea of fun to check or change a fuse in the bow during a tournament or outing by having to tear apart the bow on the water. I would fuse it at your Blue seas block. You will have to change fuses their depending what you add or take off the bow at any given time.

3. Member
    No, the Blue Sea fuse block has one fuse per connection and that is where you place the fuse ment for each unit.
    So that is one fuse (or breaker) between the battery and the panel, placed as close to the battery as possible, and one fuse in the panel per unit you connect to it.

4. Member
    thanks guys for info on this common problem.
    one yes, one no.
    is there a formal wire size/amps per foot graph somewhere on this forum to figure this out.
    thanks
    john

5. Member
    I run 10ga to each unit from fuse panel and direct wire as many things as possible to the fuse panel for example Active target box and structure scan box wound be mounted close to fuse panel. One device per fuse sized by manufacturer specs. 10ga is overkill but it's future proof and the largest size wire that splices well with the power cable wires. Sea Choice makes a nice waterproof butt step down connector for 10ga to power harness

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwater View Post
    thanks guys for info on this common problem.
    one yes, one no.
    is there a formal wire size/amps per foot graph somewhere on this forum to figure this out.
    thanks
    john
    Probably worth a read:
    https://teamcolibri.blogspot.com/202...r-my-unit.html

7. Member
    Thanks guys