Norris Lake in February

HI all,
    We travel down from OH/MI every year during November and February months to extend our bass season.
    We have been to Guntersville, Pickwick, Chick, Watts
    Never been to Norris Lake.

Been watching youtube and as long as weather was warm enough, the small mouth fishing looks to be pretty decent even in December months.
    We never have crazy success on any of the lakes around February, but its about 2-3 hours closer of a drive and we could play the weather a bit easier.....

Any reason to NOT fish norris lake in February or are we stupid for picking norris over any other lake like chickamauga?
    Norris fishes closer to what we are used to, clear water, and presentations that we are comfortable with too....

Not saying we would catch anything there either, but looks great.
    Any advice would be great!
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

2. Member
    Since you've already been to watts bar I'll say Dale Hollow. I live 15 minutes from Norris and I've not been on it in probably 15 years if that tells you anything.
    It's big ol lake with a small population of fish for its size. Cold months with the fish piled up down deep is about the only time you can have a truly good day and you have to really know the lake or be lucky to find them.

3. Member
    Norris can be fantastic especially in winter months. Drag a football jig out in deep water. Find bait and go to work. Find colored water and throw brn and red crankbaits

4. Member
    I've got a friend that does extremely well on Norris year round. Another good thing about Norris is that for right now it is off the radar of social media and the crowds are not that bad. Social media has all destroyed dale hollow and other lakes
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

5. Member
    From the youtube videos i have watched, people do just as well on Norris as surrounding lakes, maybe we head that way and worse case we could travel further south if Norris was an absolute bust.
    Watching the videos on youtube gives me a bit of confidence i could catch fish there.
    2010 Nitro X-5 w/ 90HP Mercury Optimax
    2020 Ultrex Ipilot Link MDI
    Helix 12 MDI G3N
    Helix 12 MSI G3N
    Mega 360

6. Member
    Having had a place there, I've fished it many years. Best times I've has were from February thru end of May. After that, IMO you can forget it unless you fish at night. Blade baits bounced off the bottom in February is some of my favorite fishing there. Never caught dozens, but never failed to catch a few nice smallmouth each winter.

7. Member
    Norris is a beautiful lake. It’s on my list to fish one day
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

8. Member
    Look for 45 degree banks with chunk rock. Drag small craws on shaky head. In 40-55 degree water 25-40 fish days are possible mixed bags. The locals sit out in 40-60 fow dragging 3/4 heads with 4 inch grubs and catch big fish. I’m not a fan of that style fishing. I plan to come down and fish next weekend.
    2004 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2016 Mercury 250 Pro XS 25 fury 77mph
    hds12c hds12c hds9
    Ghost, blades

Norris has some big smallmouth. Its usually tough on people who havent fished it most of their lives. Ive seen some 25lb bags there before