Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Speed traps for me

Quote Originally Posted by jerrysfishing View Post
    Speed traps for me
    Im a HUGE fan of Speed Traps, but for me they are a completely different bait class compared to a Wart or RK.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    Im a HUGE fan of Speed Traps, but for me they are a completely different bait class compared to a Wart or RK.
    Explain your opinion on bait class, they run about the same depth and about the same size, just different bill shape.

4. Member
    Completely different action. Speed traps are a burner style bait with a really tight wobble. RC’s have a very wide wobble and like a lot slower retrieve. To me these are very different baits on when and where I would throw them.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Completely different action. Speed traps are a burner style bait with a really tight wobble. RC’s have a very wide wobble and like a lot slower retrieve. To me these are very different baits on when and where I would throw them.
    Ok, you consider bait class on action, I consider on depth. Your opinion on action means a DD22 a different class than a LC Flat CB D-20.

6. Member
    Ok, you consider bait class on action, I consider on depth. Your opinion on action means a DD22 a different class than a LC Flat CB D-20.
    I personally do. My crank boxes are organized by action then within those boxes are organized by depth and color. Whatever works for you though.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

7. Member
    There is NOTHING like a true original wiggle wart that hunts. NOT ALL OF THE DO but when you find that one it unbeatable. I find I have repainted several for guys that have found such holy grails.
    Last edited by Warthead; 02-03-2022 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Misspelling

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    Took all the Warts outta my boat. Strictly Rock Crawlers and a "FireCraw" brand made locally. Wart quality, now, does not result in much action for me. Just my opinion.
    saw that firecraw brand is it any good?

I have Speed traps and like them but they don’t run as deep as a Wart and a Wart does not run as deep as a Rock Crawler.

Explain your opinion on bait class, they run about the same depth and about the same size, just different bill shape.
    I can get 6-7 ft out of a Wart on 10 lb flouro. I normally throw a Speedtrap on 15lb flouro, because it’s a square bill and I tend to throw square bills around laydowns. I can get 3-4 ft out of a Speedtrap on 15. I throw Warts more around rocks and consider it to be a medium depth bait. Like I said, I love them both..just 2 completely different tools for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12