4 blade prop vs 3 blade prop to pad measurement

In general do 4 blade props need to be higher on the jack plate? Lower on the jack plate? Or the same height when switching from a 3 blade to a 4 blade. The two props I would be comparing are a 25 t2 and a 25 RX4. Thanks for any advice.

2. Member
    Someone with experience with those two props will hopefully reply. I have found not a hard fast rule that applies to all props. They generally tell you to run 4 blades higher, especially larger diameter 4 blades like the Bravo types. My two main props are a Bravo FS and a ProMax. Both are 4 blades, and the ProMax is more than 1/2" less in diameter, but has more cup and rake, and I can run it at least 1/2" higher than the Bravo FS. The slip on my Bravo FS increases after a certain height, but the ProMax will run higher before it slips. At one time I also had a 3 blade Solas Scorpion which is the same diameter as a Bravo FS, but more similar to the Yamaha 3 blade props. That 3 blade had a lot of rake and it would run as high or higher than my ProMax. I think all that will also change with the weight of the boat and torque of the engine. So what worked on mine might not work the same on another boat.

3. Banned
    @okskeetertzx190 start off running the RX4 at the same height as the T2. You are most likely going have to raise it maybe try 2 dots at a time that way you can always go back down 1 dot for fine tuning.

4. Member
    Thanks. I started with one dot up. Mine was at 8. I am at 9 now. Gonna try to see how it does this weekend or Monday.

5. Banned
    That is whats up, cant wait to hear back.