Thread: Chiefs v Bills

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Member
    I can't believe we're still talking about this, but here's my 2 cents. The OT rule is what it is. Would Buffalo have scored if they had won the toss? Maybe, maybe not. They should have never been in that position had they handled the previous 13 seconds differently.

The Chiefs had to get enough yardage in that amount of time to kick the field goal that tied it up. All Buffalo had to do was hold them (literally) on the first play. It would have been a 5 yard penalty and taken time off the clock. They could have done it 3 times and the Chiefs would have only gotten 15 yards and time would have expired. Now, the game can't end on a defensive penalty, but they would have only been at their own 40 and had no choice but to throw a hail mary, and the odds of that are slim.

2. Member
    Tie breaker should be a spelling bee.

A coach from NE proposed a no sudden death 10 minute over time a few years back .. it was shot down

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Chiefs tried to change the overtime rules in 19 and no team supported it including the Bills. Bills had opportunities to win the game before overtime so I don’t feel bad for them not getting an opportunity in OT. Is what it is, a great ball game.
    ^^^^^^^^^exactly. How quickly they forget and rush to change things.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678