Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Organized Church Service Attendance

Hi guys/gals. I was curious how many on this forum attend church services on a regular basis.

Please don't turn this into a denomination bashing thread as I do not need to know what denomination anyone here is.

I will go first: A typical week would be, Life Group ( Sunday School ) followed by worship service on Sunday. Monday AM participate in a Bible study. Noon meet with a young believer I am discipleing. 6 PM attend a Life Group. Wednesday attend mid week service at church house. Second Thursday attend group meeting with a selected speaker sharing testimony. Third Thursday attend evening meeting of Leadership Team for a Christian organization I am a member of.

This does not include daily devotions and quiet/prayer time and Bible reading.

I am not asking anyone to justify their decision just a point of information.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

2. Member
    I attend a weekly church service and do 2-3 varying Bible studies on-line during the week. They include: the “Unashamed” podcast put on by the former Duck Dynasty crew; “Through the Bible” with Les Feldick; and sermons by Alistair Begg. I prefer reading to video as it tends to keep my attention a little longer.

All Glory to God for any time we can spend studying His Word.
    Last edited by Chisco; 01-23-2022 at 03:14 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    I attend a weekly church service and do 2-3 varying Bible studies on-line during the week. They include: the “Unashamed” podcast put on by the former Duck Dynasty crew; “Through the Bible” with Les Feldick; and sermons by Alistair Begg. I prefer reading to video as it tends to keep my attention a little longer.

Im retired so I generally spend 2-4 hours each day (some days much longer) studying and reading the Bible….all dependent on where I am led by the Holy Spirit.—Even then, I still fall far, far short of God’s Glory. Praise God for the gift of Grace that He provides.
    I really like their Unashamed podcast, I listen to it on Saturday mornings on the way to the lake. As far as church services go I attend every Sunday when possible.

Sunday school and worship service regularly. Wednesday nights during lent and advent.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

5. Member
    I do not attend regularly anymore. No good excuse, to be honest.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    An honest confession is good for the soul 😇😇

I can see where you would be a tremendous asset an example to any congregation you choose to participate in.

Your posts here are very encouraging to me even though we live a couple of thousand miles apart.

Based on your posts I wondered if you were an ordained minister.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    An honest confession is good for the soul 

I can see where you would be a tremendous asset an example to any congregation you choose to participate in.

Your posts here are very encouraging to me even though we live a couple of thousand miles apart.

Based on your posts I wondered if you were an ordained minister.
    I'll slip you a $20 spot for those compliments :) do bible studies with my new Christian friends and go when they invite, like this morning. Nice to be on here because we have a good mix of knowledgeable folks with good attitudes. Did youth ministry and had a life changing event(don't we all)that put my focus on God to figure out what really matters. Thanks brother

8. Banned
    I go every week ,Sunday school followed by normal service. Wednesday night service as well . I help run a feeding ministry on Saturdays as well . Love staying connected to god .

9. Member
    Pre-covid = Sunday AM class and worship and PM class and worship, plus Wed night devotional and class.

Now = Sunday AM class/worship (and Friday small group bible study)

10. Member
    Pre-Covid-Sunday school and Sunday am worship. Wednesday night dinner and bible study
    Now-Sunday am worship
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    I think this is the most surprising post in the thread! I'm with Hole Shot and had you pegged as some sort of leadership position and multiple events a week.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

12. Member
    I have not attended an organized service since around 2012 ish.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I have not attended an organized service since around 2012 ish.
    Any particular reason for the long hiatus?
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

14. Member
    Any particular reason for the long hiatus?
    Sure,

After I had to resign my Pastor/ Elder position because of my shift in my eschatological position ( at that time, I was just begining to examine this stuff), but I felt inside, something was correct about it ( many on this forum would use the term, prompted by the spirit of God).

This was a church constitution issue, it is not as if me and elders fought about it or argued about it, it's simply stated in the constitution and by-laws of that church that if you did not adhere to the church doctrinal statement, you had to resign) in or around 2007 (sorry it was a long time ago if my dates are off), I took a 2- or 3-year hiatus to study some more.

In or around 2011ish.................. After I knew I was full preterist (it was a 6 or 7year journey for me)......................I was asked by another pastor in my city at a different church on a few occasions to come and teach on various topics that the pastor wanted me to speak on. That particular pastor knew I was a full preterist, but he and I agreed I would not speak about that.

I live in a city that has a population of about 20,000 people, so although it is not a small town, it is not a large city either. Word gets out fast when someone in a church "departs" I am sure the gossip mill went into full force.

I even heard during that period that I no longer believed in God or the work of Christ

I was asked a bit later to come speak at his church regarding the differences in "Armenianism and Calvinism". It was supposed to last about 8 weeks. One of the members of my former church felt compelled to attend each of my presentations.

During those Wednesday night presentations on Aremenianism and Calvinism I always invited and encouraged questions/comments from the members in the audience. In that series, I did not teach which one was correct, which one was false, my opinion on the subject ect, heck, me and the pastor had already discussed the parameters and how he wanted me to present the material.

I just presented the biblical evidence each party uses to defend their stance.............. that former member would stand up and or sit in his chair yelling and telling everyone in the audience how I was a devil, I spoke false doctrine, I was going to Hell ect. He knew 2 things........... I was a preterist, and I was Calvinist to some degree. He was Arminian and a futurist, go figure.

That was enough for me.

Hope that helps

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    Sure,

After I had to resign my Pastor/ Elder position because of my shift in my eschatological position ( at that time, I was just begining to examine this stuff), but I felt inside, something was correct about it ( many on this forum would use the term, prompted by the spirit of God).

This was a church constitution issue, it is not as if me and elders fought about it or argued about it, it's simply stated in the constitution and by-laws of that church that if you did not adhere to the church doctrinal statement, you had to resign) in or around 2007 (sorry it was a long time ago if my dates are off), I took a 2- or 3-year hiatus to study some more.

In or around 2011ish.................. After I knew I was full preterist (it was a 6 or 7year journey for me)......................I was asked by another pastor in my city at a different church on a few occasions to come and teach on various topics that the pastor wanted me to speak on. That particular pastor knew I was a full preterist, but he and I agreed I would not speak about that.

I live in a city that has a population of about 20,000 people, so although it is not a small town, it is not a large city either. Word gets out fast when someone in a church "departs" I am sure the gossip mill went into full force.

I even heard during that period that I no longer believed in God or the work of Christ

I was asked a bit later to come speak at his church regarding the differences in "Armenianism and Calvinism". It was supposed to last about 8 weeks. One of the members of my former church felt compelled to attend each of my presentations.

During those Wednesday night presentations on Aremenianism and Calvinism I always invited and encouraged questions/comments from the members in the audience. In that series, I did not teach which one was correct, which one was false, my opinion on the subject ect, heck, me and the pastor had already discussed the parameters and how he wanted me to present the material.

I just presented the biblical evidence each party uses to defend their stance.............. that former member would stand up and or sit in his chair yelling and telling everyone in the audience how I was a devil, I spoke false doctrine, I was going to Hell ect. He knew 2 things........... I was a preterist, and I was Calvinist to some degree. He was Arminian and a futurist, go figure.

That was enough for me.

Hope that helps
    That you for sharing that dozer.

Have you considered pastoring a church where your preterist and or Calvinist beliefs would be embraced and welcomed? Surely there is a place for you to serve and share your convictions in a non hostile environment.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

16. Member
    That you for sharing that dozer.

Have you considered pastoring a church where your preterist and or Calvinist beliefs would be embraced and welcomed? Surely there is a place for you to serve and share your convictions in a non hostile environment.

Thanks for the comment and thoughts.

Yes, during that time, my wife and I talked about starting a new Church in our community.

I live in a county that has a population of about 70,000 people in it and about 250 churches in it. I just did not feel right about "starting another", thats all we need is "another", I hope you understand what I mean by that.

Why can't we have the "Church in Palestine" (or name the city in which you live) ........................ yes, there will be disagreements, yes there will be debates just like what we read in our Bibles.

I just couldn't bring myself to adding another Church, another division, another split, another denomination ect. Hope you understand what I am saying.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 01-24-2022 at 09:45 PM.

17. Member
    It is commendable that you do not want even more division.

Dwelling together in harmony is preferable to friction between people with opposing beliefs when neither side is likely to change their position.

Thanks again for sharing information that I as well as others on this forum would not know otherwise.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

Because of my health status our family does not attend Sunday Mass (avoid the crowds). To take care of our Sunday duty we have been given a dispensation. Instead of attending Mass on the weekend our family attends Mass on Wednesday night. Monday, Tuesday and Friday mornings I attend daily Mass (8:00 am). Immediately following daily Mass we have our Rosary Walk...prayers usually take about 45 minutes.

Firm believer in the fact that "when 2 or more are gathered in prayer....I will be there with you (JESUS).
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rds_nc View Post
    I think this is the most surprising post in the thread! I'm with Hole Shot and had you pegged as some sort of leadership position and multiple events a week.
    Ha. No way. I'm just good at google :)

20. Member
    This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.Psalm 118:24
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast