Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm 84 and now just getting over it also I don't really know where I caught. I'm also weak and unstable, no energy. Even with the shots it will kick your butt. Saturday will be my 10th day of quarantine. Feeling a little better today but not ready to go out a do yard work :).

2. Member
    It really is crazy how each person reacts. My son and daughter 5 and 8 were asymptomatic but tested positive. My wife had about 3 days of symptoms and is back to normal. You would think by now we could at least identify why people react differently. Hope all of you battling get well soon.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulfisher View Post
    Day 6 and I’m about 95% back to normal.Been on zinc, D3, quercetin, and C before I got it and during. Took ivermectin on day 3. I still get a daily headache in the late afternoon.

this helps https://www.amazon.com/Quercetin-Bro..._bap_d_rp_21_t
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Hope you get well soon Shafer!!! You may want to check on the antibodies? I think they told me they wanted to get them in a patient within the first ten days? I've been making myself drink a gallon of water before I drink anything else outside of my morning coffee.
    Last March when I got it bad my doctor couldn’t emphasize enough about staying watered while down with it … Had a stainless steel jug next to the bed the whole time. Didn’t eat a nibble of food for 4 days but drank water like a fish.
    Ranting incoherently

5. Banned
    ID-6™

download-4.jpg

download-2.jpg

Stay Hydrated...

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    As I sit and read I wonder how many of you have asked your representatives to pursue how and where this virus came from.
    ^^^^^^^^

7. Member
    Some take weeks or months to get fully back while others are over it in a few days. Weired disease to say the least!
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Yes...it is real.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

9. Member
    I had physical and mental fatigue. They call the latter “Covid Fog”. Getting better though.

10. Member
    I had omicron symptoms for 4 days. Then 8 days of total fatigue. Finally went back to work this week and Monday was a 5hr day and had to go home.
    Got 7 hours Tuesday and then back to working full/overtime rest of the week.
    But Saturday wooped me and put me on the couch for half the day. Have heard a lot of people saying it’s a good month to get back to feeling “normal again”.

Quote Originally Posted by Ship View Post
    Do they tell you guys that are sick what variant it is? It has been going around my unit but they never tell us what variant people have.
    I wasn't told other than testing positive for SARS. I think most people are figuring it out based on symptoms. I had it a couple weeks ago as soon as everybody got off leave. Felt fatigued and achy for a day or two but I was fishing on quarantine. 55, relatively healthy but I do like banana pudding.

12. Member
    I had the original version in Jan 2020 that kicked my butt. I was bed ridden for two weeks. I lost my sense smell for months. My taste did not return to normal for about a year. I would cook food that I thought tasted great that my family wouldn’t eat due to extreme seasoning. While I was sick, I thought I was done. It didn’t get into my lungs, but my mid section just ached and I had no stamina for months afterwards. At the time, the docs in NY didn’t know what was going around. They thought I had the flu at first. Then , they said it was a bacterial infection attacking my kidneys, heart and liver. Slowly, I started feeling better. I was having my blood taken and tested a bunch in late 2020 along with others who had it early in 2020. They’re were a few who had serious issues (heart and lung damage).

Fast forward to this past christmas, my entire family caught the omnicron version. The kids were symptomatic but the wife and I had nothing. However, we did test positive. Both of my children kicked it in days. My in laws are sick with it in Maine now. I’m so sick of this chit.

it’s a crazy deal, some are hammered by it and others have no idea they’re positive.

13. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Both me and my wife had it 2 weeks ago.......this was the first time we knew of.....she seems to think she had it before but never confirmed......overtime we have taken home test and test at the local clinics but all were always negative......not sure where we got it but for the two of us, it started with the head cold and then for about 2 days, body aches.....after day 3, i started feeling better, just a congestion in the head, and coughing......as for the wife, same thing, but she had a bad sore throat and was in bed for about 4-5 days......we both had taken the home test and her positive showed up very well while mine was faint but none the less, both positive..... i'd say we both had the "fog" as we seemed "off" a little bit during the sickness....neither of us lost taste or smell........we tested again this weekend and both test were negative.......as for health, she's an ex smoker (about 6 months), auto immune issues, i'm not the best picture of health, non smoker and dealing with kidney cancer.....

I work in an office (no physical work) and no issues of tiredness......i feel normal like nothing happened.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Day 4 here. You guys are not very encouraging.
    Hopefully we both feel better tomorrow, its definitely not fun.

Mild my ass

I'm gonna try and get out of bed for a
    bit and tie a couple flies I think, just laying here
    worrying is giving me anxiety.
    Last edited by Flex; 01-23-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Have you heard about taking Tagamet 200? Heard a pharmacist saying it reduces the effect of suppressor T cells allowing your body to produce more antibodies by suppressing t cells

16. Member
    I'm on day 4, and unvaccinated, actually haven't a regular flu shot in about 4 years.1st day was the worst, body aches, fatigue, sore throat, mild congestion and a fever. Day 3 I spent out in the garage working on my jon boat, felt fine just very mild sore throat. Day 4 started with a bad sore throat and mild congestion. Spent most of the day working on the jon boat again, today I did have a couple times where I felt fatigued.

I had it week before last. I’m 33, overweight, heavy smoker. Sinuses hurt at night really bad DayQuil helped symptoms. Hard to get out of bed in the mornings but I’d get up and get going a little later than normal. We’re renovating a house to move into so I was still managing my guys over the phone on the job while working on my own house. I worked on floors and painting while I had it. I never lost my taste or smell but it has for sure changed. I’ve always hated tomatoes my entire life and now I cant taste them. Random things taste different.

18. Member
    Yep gotta make yourself get up and go do something outside. Even tho you dont want to do anything!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

19. Member
    I'm curious to know how those of you tested positive know which strain of the virus you had? When wife and I got tested 3 weeks ago we were told that they can't identify which strain it is without a lot of further and expensive testing. We were told it would only show that you tested pos. for the SARS (Covid) virus. We were both vaccinated (me all 3 Pfizer and her 2 Moderna) and scheduled for the booster when it struck. Both 77 me overweight non smoker and semi healthy and wife lot of preexisting. Both had the monoclonal IV infusion 3 days after testing +. I had severe headaches and sneezing with head cold symptoms and wife still has coughing and achy flu like symptoms. Antibody infusion really seemed to help me within 2 days and she is feeling 50% better. Don't let anybody tell you this isn't the real deal. May not be life threatening or fatal to everyone, but it's an ass-kicker to most.

20. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Two months later and I can still tell that I tire easily....had mild symptoms at the onset......

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast