California precipitation forecast

Radar forecast shows precipitation on the tail end of January and beginning of February for California. The forecast is for a little bit on Friday for upper northern California and heavier precipitation for most of California on Monday and Tuesday. I hope the forecast comes true. We have almost had no precipitation for January.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

2. Member
    Yup, and we've got a fire burning south of Monterey on the coast. Alittle late for a wildfire.

3. Member
    Our local weather report says "we are in severe drought situation again" One of our local lakes has dropped 14' in the last 2 weeks !!!
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

Looks like we are still in a drought. The radar forecast (four days ago) of precipitation tomorrow, along with Monday trough Tuesday, has evaporated.
    Last edited by smokewagon; 01-27-2022 at 08:09 AM.
    Mercury 175 ProXS

5. Member
    Yes, I don't see any rain in the near future for northern ca. We had a good December and was supposed to have a good Jan and Feb. But that's gone for now.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gambler View Post
    Our local weather report says "we are in severe drought situation again" One of our local lakes has dropped 14' in the last 2 weeks !!!
    We never got out of the drought.Pray for rain.Most nor cal lakes very low still.Clearlake is lower than last Jan and last summer lake got lowest in over 40 years.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    We never got out of the drought.Pray for rain.Most nor cal lakes very low still.Clearlake is lower than last Jan and last summer lake got lowest in over 40 years.
    We got a few southern storms, now every storm is going north (Oregon Washington)
    Mike Matthews

U.S.N. 1963-1969

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Very concerning. Wonder how many ramps will be useable by late summer.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

9. Member
    Any updates from the locals on the water levels? Clear Lake going to be useable in the summer?

It’s not looking good. Still sitting around the 0.42 Rumsey mark last I saw. We’ve had a few little rain showers but they haven’t amounted to anything. In fact it’s raining now but just hard enough to be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Any updates from the locals on the water levels? Clear Lake going to be useable in the summer?

Mercury 175 ProXS

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    It’s not looking good. Still sitting around the 0.42 Rumsey mark last I saw. We’ve had a few little rain showers but they haven’t amounted to anything. In fact it’s raining now but just hard enough to be annoying.
    That’s a little scary. Sounds like if I want to hit clear lake it needs to be this spring, summer might not have water. I’m still debating going there again this year (I’ve been 4-5 times now) or going to the delta for my first time.

Clear Lake has been on fire for a few people lately with plenty of 20-30lb bags being caught. That being said I’ve also seen a few dismal reports from folks that couldn’t catch a limit! LOL. I’ll be on the Delta this coming weekend for the ABA Hobie kayak tournament but will be back on Clear Lake in the boat the following weekend. You can’t go wrong with a trip to either place in my opinion!

14. Member
    We just have not got any rain.Lake is 6 " lower than highest last year.Should be good till June-July.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Clear Lake has been on fire for a few people lately with plenty of 20-30lb bags being caught. That being said I’ve also seen a few dismal reports from folks that couldn’t catch a limit! LOL. I’ll be on the Delta this coming weekend for the ABA Hobie kayak tournament but will be back on Clear Lake in the boat the following weekend. You can’t go wrong with a trip to either place in my opinion!
    It’s always a tough call to go somewhere in the spring when the fishing is awesome here. I do enjoy shasta/oroville in December/January. Those spots are much easier to winter fish than the fish up here.