Wanting to come up there

in June or July but need some lake info. Any suggestions on a scenic lake where I might catch a few?

2. Banned
    Millwood

3. Member
    It depends on whether you are vacationing with the family or just fishing. The earlier you can plan to be here the better, June is better than July as you can imagine. I'd pick very different locations depending on whether it is mostly a family vacation vs a fishing trip. Feel free to shoot me a message.

4. Member
    Just the wife and I. Wanting to fish a little and cruise to see some scenic stuff. Catching some is a bonus. Thinking of Degray, Ouachita, Heber Springs may be my options.

5. Member
    probally can catch a few on a fluke at Greers in june

6. Member
    It'll all depend on water levels and how hot it has gotten. If you are looking at lakes, I would avoid July...too friggin hot and the fishing can suck. June is hit/miss but usually can still catch em up shallow, especially if the lakes are up after spring rains. Greers or Ouachita would be my suggestions for the combo of scenery and fishing.

7. Member
    This is the Natural State, We have many scenic Lakes, June/July Can be Brutal for Catching fish, If you are a structure oriented fisherman who likes Flippin/Pitchin Lake Conway or Lake Millwood could be really good. Lake Conway isn't very scenic, Millwood is more scenic and you will likely run into gators. If your cup of tea is clear water deep of shore fishing Greer's Ferry Lake, Ouachita, Beaver Lake, Norfork, Table rock and Bull Shoals would be your best bet.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

8. Banned
    Millwood is an awesome lake

9. Member
    Anyone know anything about the Buffalo River?

10. Member
    You will not go wrong with the Buffalo, lots of scenery, and a few small mouth, but expect it to be crowded. You won't be far from the White river and you can catch a lot (trout).

11. Member
    Ouachita for scenic views but of course the lake will be busy! June and July will be great for top water as well. Have you thought of Broken Bow? I know it's very popular for Texans but the actual lake isn't that busy with fisherman and it's a pretty good fishery.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    Anyone know anything about the Buffalo River?
    It's beautiful!! If you're looking for something different than Texas lakes then I'd go with this. I agree with what Jeffie said. The Buffalo City area is close to where the Buffalo and White meet, you can be on the water and turn right and catch trout and turn left and catch smallmouth. Check vrbo or 1 of those sites and get a cabin on the water. I also recommend getting a guide just for safety (the White River is shallow and has current, you need to know the river, most folks rent canoes for the Buffalo, water is warm, shallow and less current than White). The Calico Rock area is deeper and safer if you wanted to just trout fish and bring your own boat (flat-bottom aluminum). We also like to go to the Ponca area to see elk in the evenings, play in the Buffalo (Steele Creek) and hike (Lost Valley trail, Whitaker Point, etc.)...keep in mind that in July, depending on rain the waterfalls may not be as full and pretty. Check out buffaloriver.com for tons of good info (trails, canoe rental, cabin rentals, etc.). If you need a guide in the Buffalo City area, let me know, it's been several years since we've been but I've still got his info if he is still guiding and he was great.

13. Banned
    Don't overlook millwood