Lowrance gen 3 help needed

I have a 12 gen3 and would like to know if the 3 in1 active target transducer will work with this unit and if not what is the best transducer to use with this gen 3 to get the most out of it. Thanks

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JGreen1281x1 View Post
    I have a 12 gen3 and would like to know if the 3 in1 active target transducer will work with this unit and if not what is the best transducer to use with this gen 3 to get the most out of it. Thanks
    The 3-1 Active Imaging Transducer will not work on Gen 3 you will have to use a Total Scan but before I would use that transducer. I would do a 2-1 or Lss2 Side Image and Downscan and install at shoot thru hull transducer for Sonar PD-WBL. Assuming you have a glass boat. Good Luck

3. Member
    Agree, do not try to get a Totalscan to read at all speeds. Install an in-hull PDRT and an LSS 2

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    Does the LSS2 connect directly to the HDS3 or through a Structure Scan box?

5. Member
    Either
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

6. Member
    I do have a glass boat. 93 Stratos 201xl pro and thanks for the help

7. Member
    My boat has at one time had a thru hull transducer but the cable looks to have been cut ( previous owner did this i guess) so can this cable be replace/repaired and if not what would be the easiest way to remove this transducer so I can replace it with a new one. Thank you everyone for all of the help. This is why I love this site so much. People that have knowledge and do not mind helping those that need the help.

8. Member
    In most cases you can one of 2 things I have done both and both have worked. Do this before anything. Grab The transducer and see if you can pull it off somethings they are loose especially if its old. If not 2x4 on the side of the ducer hit it with a hammer from the side and it may pop right off, Not my preferred. I like to use that multi tool with a flat blade that vibrates and I just cut them off at the floor then you don't take a chance of tearing up the Glass. Wire brush it on a drill to clean it up and go from their for gluing on . Use slow cure epoxy only Fast cure cures too fast does not let the air bubbles from getting out of the epoxy Lowrance has that. No Cable repair beside if its the one that came with the boat it time for a new on anyway.

9. Member
    Thank you for the help and it does look like it came with the boat. I have replaced and upgraded all of the pumps, switches and most of everything else on the Ole girl so I guess now she will get a new thru hull transducer. I am running one 12 gen 3 and a 7 gen 2 but looking at adding 2 more 12 gen 3's and changing the 7 to a 9 gen 3 so guess I will do it right while I'm doing it. Thank you to all for your help and GOD BLESS