Systems monitor gauge questions

2007 optimax 200 serial # 1b516732
    motor on a 21 nauticstar bay boat. My questions: which monitor will work on this engine and what harness needed, is there another less expensive way to monitor true engine temp?
    I’ve had smart craft gauges on all other boats and it drives me crazy not being able to see engine temp on this one.

also, this boat sometimes goes a few months between uses. Any maintenance I should do for storage? Thanks

2. Member
    You should be able to see most all data, Don or Joe will confirm based on your serial number. Personally, I would recommend a modern Smartcraft gauge over the System monitor, and feel coolant temp and pressure are THE most critical parameters for an Optimax.

See these FAQ topics for more info and pay heed to the fuel and fuel additive recommendations in the second topic.

SMARTCRAFT Options

Oil, Battery, Spark Plugs, Fuel and Fuel Additive Recommendations

Recommended Annual Maintenance or Winterization for Optimax Engines
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    ^^^ +1

In addition to the above info, see Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the Forum). If you drop her an email, she can provide you with special BBC member pricing for the various options (and even puts together kits with everything you would need for a fresh install).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor