Cold weather carpet glue?

Hey guys. I've replaced carpet in several boats probably 20 of them. I've always used the original Weldwood and sprayed it on. I still see lots of these boats and carpet is holding strong. I'm doing one for another guy right now and I don't have a warm place to put it. The Weldwood needs to be above 50° to bond correctly and that's just not going to happen any time soon. Any of you guys have any suggestions on an adhesive to use around 40°?

2. Member
    I thought about trying to cover it with an electric blanket for a couple of hours before gluing down and then after gluing down to try to keep it warm enough for the glue to cure

3. Member
    You can order a gallon of glue from Ranger. I spray it and have used it below 50* but it was only on a lid and trailer side boards. I think I would hold off till I could get my temps above 50*.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

4. Member
    I use a 2 quart pot and put it on a coffee cup heating pad thing. It works great, and I blast the lid with my forced air heater.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

5. Member
    Henry 263 carpet adhesive is made for cold weather But I don't think it's sprayable.

6. Member
    You can sit a salamander outside and open the door partway, and blow heat inside the building. Then use the weldwood.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    You can sit a salamander outside and open the door partway, and blow heat inside the building. Then use the weldwood.
    I'm having to do the front deck and floor in an open carport. I ended up having temps around 50° and used a electric blanket to heat the deck and floor then glued down and put blanket back on it for a day and everything held good.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianmoore25 View Post
    I'm having to do the front deck and floor in an open carport. I ended up having temps around 50° and used a electric blanket to heat the deck and floor then glued down and put blanket back on it for a day and everything held good.
    You can close most of it with the blue tarps. We have had to do this while painting epoxy in pits and it works quite well. Temps were in the teens those nights, and the pits stayed in the
    low 40s.