Thread: 2022 sho

2022 sho

New 225 yamaha sho
    Should shop run full load briefly to test engine before I do full break it in? They said they need to test it to check Rev limit etc. I'm sure it's normal procedure but seems odd . But what do I know.?

2. Member
    Might be testing for full throttle movement on hot foot?

3. Member
    I bought a new 2018 SHO in the crate and installed myself. Yamaha will not let the dealers release motors or start warranty period unless they do a dealer prep (I think it was $500). They stood it up, filled with oil and gear lube and ran it to check everything over, then drained the engine oil and crated back up for me. I'm not sure if they did any kind of load test...
    2002 Skeeter ZX200
    2018 200SHO

4. Member
    My calendar shows we are barely into 2022. Given the shortage of all models of all brands, I am not understanding how a 2022 SHO exists here in the US. Nonetheless.

Yams are run to full power before they leave Japan. It is not uncommon for a dealer to run a motor at wide open throttle. How else can they verify that the motor is properly propped and runs as intended?

My shop ran my 2021 wide open before I started the break-in process.

6. Member
    Here is a section of a Yamaha Pre-Delivery Inspection report that the dealer is to complete. That is to indicate the WOT RPM that the dealer noted prior to delivering the motor to the customer.

7. Member
    Thanks guys very helpful. Also yam911 I
    Ordered this engine 8 months ago.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by corey tolmich View Post
    Thanks guys very helpful. Also yam911 I
    Ordered this engine 8 months ago.
    Understand.

I bet if you check the month and year of production you will find it was made in 2021. If not, plz let us know.

9. Member
    Yamaha motors do not really have a model year. Rather, they have a build date. The model year is simply what year the customer buys the motor......

10. Member
    You're probably right. I'm pretty excited to see it. I upgraded from a 2001 merc optimax. I re powered a 2001 ranger 520 that I've done a complete overhaul on.

11. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yam911 View Post
    My calendar shows we are barely into 2022. Given the shortage of all models of all brands, I am not understanding how a 2022 SHO exists here in the US. Nonetheless.

Yams are run to full power before they leave Japan. It is not uncommon for a dealer to run a motor at wide open throttle. How else can they verify that the motor is properly propped and runs as intended?

anything built on or before July 1st is next model year it’s been this way for ever on cars and trucks boats motorcycles lawn mowers

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

12. Member
    Hard as it is for me to believe, it has been 16/17 years since Yamaha discontinued the use of model years. 2005 was the last year for which model years were assigned to Yams. Seems like just yesterday that it happened.

At that time a 2005 model year motor was one that produced between April 2004 and March 2005.

Consequently, there is no such a thing as a 2021 or a 2022 model year motor. They simply don't exist. Yamaha now simply goes by the month and year of production as the "born on" date.

betta balls