Protection Plans

When buying a new boat what is everyones opinions on getting the protection plans that they offer? Worth it?

2. Member
    I wouldn’t trust my local BPS/Cabelas to change the oil so a huge no for me. That said if you have a reputable dealer it may be worth it.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    I opted for the one offered by my local BPS in Rocklin, CA. Covers the boat from hitch to prop for 7 years. One significant claim and it's worth it. That said, I tend to be insurance poor. I insure everything, and that's what extended warranties are, insurance.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI

4. Member
    I believe i got the same or similar plan as Pat. 7 year premier protection plan. Cost me 2039.00

5. Member
    I did the 7 year premier hitch to prop protection as well as the 5 year cosmetic warranty.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Dilling View Post
    I opted for the one offered by my local BPS in Rocklin, CA. Covers the boat from hitch to prop for 7 years. One significant claim and it's worth it. That said, I tend to be insurance poor. I insure everything, and that's what extended warranties are, insurance.
    Does the 7 year start after the initial warranties run out? Would seem there would be alot of overlap. A new engine for example would have a minimum three year warranty.

7. Member
    The coverage overlaps. It is not in addition to - so total coverage is 7 years which includes the manufacture and initial warranty.

I got the 7 years as well. This is also transferable to the next owner if you plan to sell the boat in a few years....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

9. Member
    Im guessing ill put 100 plus hours on my motor this year. Chances are I'll need that warranty at some point over the next 6.5 years. Fingers crossed I don't.

10. Member
    Upgrade Mercury to Platinum and buy what you can for extended years.
    Rad Brewer

Bought Z18 Pro in Dec...Merc Platinum...costs always edge up... so get the best IF you plan to keep the boat over 4 years IMHO

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers