Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisMH&F View Post
    Everyone wants to put Tom up on a pedestal for playing QB at age 44 ......................... I'm old enough to remember seeing George Blanda drag his butt out on the field in his 40's when they still hit QB,s but this is equally impressive to me.
    Glad you brought old George up. When he was supposed to punt you hoped he didn't change his mind.

https://www.google.com/search?q=geor...client=gws-wiz

2. Member
    Andrew Whitworth was too old for the Bengals to resign. They have not a had a good LT since.

Everyone wants to put Tom up on a pedestal for playing QB at age 44 but I just saw where Andrew Whitworth was ruled out for the Los Angeles Rams and he's 40! There is no comparison between playing QB in the modern NFL and playing on the offensive line. Being the starting LT for a Super Bowl caliber team at age 40 is simply amazing to me. I'm old enough to remember seeing George Blanda drag his butt out on the field in his 40's when they still hit QB,s but this is equally impressive to me.

I like football because it is the ultimate team game. Brady didn't win 7 titles, teams that Brady quarterbacked won 7 titles. Brady handpicked his team and coach in Tampa just like LeBron did in Miami, it doesn't mean they didn't contribute but they are only part of the team. Tom is considered the greatest because he won 7 Super Bowls but he also lost 3. Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana each played in 4 and won 4.
    Yeah they lost a few SB's but even getting there is an accomplishment. It's a team game, but QB is the most important position on the field. If you look at the teams in the playoffs this weekend, you'll see that every one has a pretty decent QB. Oh and BTW Brady is still playing this weekend. Think TB would've won the SB last year if they still had Jimmy Crab Legs behind center?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    People pay to see a winning quarterback.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    Brady weighs in at 225, getting hit by 300 lb. linemen. Whitworth weighs in at 335. Personally, I'd rather weigh 335 and take on defensive linemen, than weigh 225 and get hit by them. Not to mention the guys hitting Brady have a running start for the most part.
    Exactly. It’s Physics. The momentum of a 275lb DE hitting a QB at 10+ mph is significantly greater than that same DE hitting an Offensive Lineman 2 feet in front of him.

7. Member
    I think it is great they are both still playing the game and I bet the Bengals would love to have him today if he were healthy
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

8. Member
    What's the big deal about Tom Brady?

Simple answer. GOAT

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    His lines have saved him for his entire 20 year career ?????? That’s odd not sure why they talk about how fast he gets the ball out all the time when he could just sit in the pocket all day …if I remember correctly 04-07-09 -12 the lines were very good

Would love to see some stat numbers on him always having great O lines if you have one to post
    Look no further than the number of championship and playoff games. There's your stats! The lines he played behind made all of the difference! I don't care who is quarterbacking, if the line ain't blocking, he's on his butt. You can count on one hand the number of times throughout Brady's entire career where he came off the field looking like he had been in a fight! He knows where his bread is buttered at.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

If someone says they are not impressed at what Brady is doing at his age or in his whole career then you should just stop talking football with that person. They probably eat their boogers too.

11. Member
    Everyone wants to put Tom up on a pedestal for playing QB at age 44 but I just saw where Andrew Whitworth was ruled out for the Los Angeles Rams and he's 40! There is no comparison between playing QB in the modern NFL and playing on the offensive line. Being the starting LT for a Super Bowl caliber team at age 40 is simply amazing to me. I'm old enough to remember seeing George Blanda drag his butt out on the field in his 40's when they still hit QB,s but this is equally impressive to me.
    I think one key point a lot of guys are missing. This is a 40 year old guy, playing on an island and stopping the most baddest, fire breathing D-lineman the other team has that is 20 years younger than himself! That in itself is incredible! His technique must me as refined as anyone out there to do that consistently! I had never heard of the guy, but you can bet your last dollar I will be focusing on his play today!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Member
    It's not just that Brady is old and on a roster but that he's still performing at such a high level. He's in a good situation and making the best of it. Still time waits Norman. man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestnews View Post
    It's not just that Brady is old and on a roster but that he's still performing at such a high level. He's in a good situation and making the best of it. Still time waits Norman. man.

At an MVP level to boot.

14. Member
    I always enjoy/enjoyed watching Tom Brady. He is definitely one of the greatest quarterbacks the sport has ever known and has done quite well for himself! I hope he leaves the game when he is ready and healthy!

15. Member
    One of the interesting footnotes is that they changed the rules to HELP Tom Brady. After he had his lower leg injury they changed the roughing the passer rules to require the defense to only hit the QB below the shoulders and above the waist. Bob Gibson was so good they changed the rules to give the batters a chance. Night Train Lane, Jack Tatum and Mel Blount all had rules changed because they were too physical. How much longer would Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana and many more QB's have played under the Brady rules?

You can what if it to death, but the universe doesn't work that way. 7 SB rings and in the hunt for #8, all time leader in completions, passing yards and TD's. Brady took what he was given and made the most of it, no doubt he is the GOAT.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Daleo View Post
    The only thing that sets a QB like Brady apart is winning the way he does.

So, do you think Brady could have went to the Jags or Jets this year and went on to the Super Bowl? Just wondering if anyone else helped him win any games.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Gordie had a restaurant across the river from the town where I live. My youngest brothers best friends family bought it from him and still runs it. My dad did work for him long time ago at his residence.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    So, do you think Brady could have went to the Jags or Jets this year and went on to the Super Bowl? Just wondering if anyone else helped him win any games.

Brady scouted the opportunity he had with them. The talent in Foxbouro was not being replenished. Tampa had all the right players for him to step in and accomplish what he did last year. That's Brady being Brady. It goes with the package. He still has something to prove. Why sit on a situation where they were going to suffer a mediocre run.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 01-22-2022 at 12:47 PM.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassDaggett View Post
    Exactly. It’s Physics. The momentum of a 275lb DE hitting a QB at 10+ mph is significantly greater than that same DE hitting an Offensive Lineman 2 feet in front of him.
    It's more than hits and momentum. Linemen tend to be very large humans which puts a lot of stress on the knees and ankles as it is. Add the twisting and wrenching that they endure when blocking and their lower body takes a tremendous amount of abuse. My dad was good friends with a retired NFL lineman and it was so sad to see him in so much pain late in life. He was a mountain of a man (in every way).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast