Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question on Crime and Penalty for Killing.

Watching a Cold Case Crime show and a case about Terry Hyatt is on. He is convicted of 3 murders and is first locked up back in 1998 and sentenced to death. This waste of a life is still serving time as the death sentence has yet to be carried out! Why I wonder?

Curious thought I'm pondering is what would happen to someone that decided to end this guy's life if he was already convicted and sentenced to death? Would that person be charged with murder or something else?

Murder is murder which is why taking the law into your own hands is punishable.

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I think there should be a time to have this carried out or do away with it
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

4. Member
    SIXTH AMENDMENT

Right to Speedy Trial by Jury, Witnesses, Counsel

Passed by Congress September 25, 1789. Ratified December 15, 1791. The first 10 amendments form the Bill of Rights

Unfortunately nothing about carrying out sentence

5. Member
    We have a case like that in Kansas. Two Wichita brothers raped, tortured and murdered 4 people and injured another in 2000. They are still in jail.

6. Member
    if they would put some of these folks that have been found guilty of terrible crimes to death it might curb some of these folks doing these crimes currently. an eye for a eye.

7. Member
    For some time, Texas seemed to have a speed line on executions. Not anymore.
    Now these convicted murderers sit on the taxpayers dime for 20 years.
    I agree with the above post. Either execute them, or do away with it.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

KY has a few as well. I saw a thing today that CA is trying to pass the biggest sentence you can get is 15 years no matter what.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    KY has a few as well. I saw a thing today that CA is trying to pass the biggest sentence you can get is 15 years no matter what.
    Shocker. What a cess pool of a state.

10. Member
    Bring back Public execution…would be a great deterrent.

Watch first 48 for a few episodes .. you will find out that most judges and DA’s find lives to be very cheap ..a lot of the sentences given to cold blooded murders are laughable

On average, an inmate on death row spends 10 years before execution. I worked in Saudi Arabia in the early 80's, Fridays were public executions. The Saudi police would drag you up front if you were nearby. A form of deterrent. Most folks will say capital punishment does not deter crime. Others will say the Saidis may have executed an innocent person. I'll tell you this, I had zero thoughts on commiting a crime while there.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    On average, an inmate on death row spends 10 years before execution. I worked in Saudi Arabia in the early 80's, Fridays were public executions. The Saudi police would drag you up front if you were nearby. A form of deterrent. Most folks will say capital punishment does not deter crime. Others will say the Saidis may have executed an innocent person. I'll tell you this, I had zero thoughts on commiting a crime while there.
    I have zero thoughts of going to Saudi Arabia. Heck its hard for me to even cross the bridge into Indiana lol.

14. Member
    I wonder how bad the crime is in Saudi Arabia. Do they still cut off fingers and hands of thieves?

Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    I wonder how bad the crime is in Saudi Arabia. Do they still cut off fingers and hands of thieves?
    There are more third world nationals there than Saudis as they are the work force. Yes they still surgically remove a hand, its sewn back on then removed in front of the public,so the criminal doesn't bleed to death. Pretty humane huh. But, as far as a deterrent, it works.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

16. Member
    There are more third world nationals there than Saudis as they are the work force. Yes they still surgically remove a hand, its sewn back on then removed in front of the public,so the criminal doesn't bleed to death. Pretty humane huh. But, as far as a deterrent, it works.
    Why not just seal it with a super hot iron after cut off. Seem that would be even more of a deterrant.

17. Member
    Seems like what we are doing now is not working. I am all for the death penalty if they have really good evidence. Like an eyewitness or DNA. Then after the trial a speedy execution.

18. Member
    If you get the death penalty you should be dead within a month. More than enough time to say goodbye to those you need to.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

You would probably get twice the punishment they got.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

20. Banned
    Child molestation I would hang on the court house lawn and make it a felony to disturb the corpse until the head popped off........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast