Thread: Livescope

Livescope

I just installed my livescope on my boat.I have a gps map1222 and a gps map 1022 with the gls10 module,lvs32 transducer. My question is do I need to add a cutoff switch to each unit. I am using a 100 amp lithium battery to power both chart plotters.My concern is can I damage anything by having them all connected while charging the lithium battery if I don’t install a cutoff switch.

Would appreciate feedback from your experience.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Jeff Fields,
    2014 Ranger Z519C,
    225 Evinrude,
    Helix gen3,Garmin Livescope

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Why each unit?? Are they all ran straight to the battery?? I'd say just one main switch, that way you dont leave anything on by accident and run the battery down and maybe protect it when charging.......

I have all my stuff on a fuse box with a cut off switch in the rear.....it get turned off after every trip.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Both chart plotters are run to the battery with 10 gauge wire and each have a in line fuse.I have the gls10 and the battery in my starboard rod locker.one wire to the bow and one wire to the dash. This is the first time I have attempted to do the install myself.
    Jeff Fields,
    2014 Ranger Z519C,
    225 Evinrude,

4. Member
    I have all my electronics on my lith starter battery. My Livescope blackbox is on a 30amp breaker/switch and wired all by itself. The screens are on another 30 amp breaker/switch by themselvs. Not sure thats the best way, but thats how I did mine.

5. Member
    A cutoff switch is always a good idea. For long periods between fishing(like winter storage)if no other reason. Just be sure each unit has an individual fuse sized properly as the manufacturer recommends. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Thanks guys,I installed the cut off switch.
    Jeff Fields,
    2014 Ranger Z519C,
    225 Evinrude,