Pitching rod - IMX-Pro vs Expride vs ALX Enox

I have asked a similar question in the past, but wondering what people's thoughts are these days. I am in the market for a rod that I will use for pitching primarily 3/4 oz t-rigs, but maybe 1/2 oz too. I am looking at IMX-Pro 854 or 894 JWR, Expride 7'2" heavy, or ALX Enox Strike. Any one have any opinions on these rods? I have owned Exprides, an ALX Enox Wizard (best shakey head rod ever!), and GLXs, but never an IMX-Pro. Thanks!
    Last edited by PSchueller; 01-21-2022 at 07:44 AM.

2. Member
    I have the loomis 854 and I love it , Great rod for pitching .

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badboyjigs View Post
    I have the loomis 854 and I love it , Great rod for pitching .
    An IMX-Pro? Can it handle 3/4 oz t-rigs well? I know that is the max rating, but I feel like Loomis under-rates a bit. Do you know how much it weights? Sorry for all the questions!

4. Member
    I own the Expride 7’2 H and the enox strike. Of the two, for your application I prefer the strike. It has a little bit more forgiving taper to it (which I prefer) but plenty of backbone. The 7’2 H Expride would work too but it is stiffer… I use mine for frogs. Actually out of all the Expride rods I own, the 7’2 H is probably my least favorite for how I like to fish.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 by 3 View Post
    I own the Expride 7’2 H and the enox strike. Of the two, for your application I prefer the strike. It has a little bit more forgiving taper to it (which I prefer) but plenty of backbone. The 7’2 H Expride would work too but it is stiffer… I use mine for frogs. Actually out of all the Expride rods I own, the 7’2 H is probably my least favorite for how I like to fish.
    Thanks! I agree that for my purpose a little give is good. Plus, Enox rods have the nicest cork I have ever seen. I think it is down to the Strike and IMX-Pro 894 JWR. I have read that the 894 has a bit more power than an 854, which I will need. I am still curious about the weight, balance, and sensitivity of the 894.

6. Member
    The Enox Strike. I love the Expride models and they are pretty spectacular, but Alex and his crew did an incredible job on the Enox models and the Strike is simply fantastic.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PSchueller View Post
    An IMX-Pro? Can it handle 3/4 oz t-rigs well? I know that is the max rating, but I feel like Loomis under-rates a bit. Do you know how much it weights? Sorry for all the questions!

yea they underrate a tad , can it handle it yes probaly so but I’m guessing it would be maxing it to the limit ! 855 may be more suited for 3/4 weights

8. Member
    I'm going to go ALX Enox Strike. That is the rod I was leaning towards before I even posted. I was really only considering an IMX-Pro because of some unique circumstances, but there are too many uncertainties for me to go that way.

9. Member
    Id go alx just for a much nicer build and way better blank than the others. Never fished those exact models but had the imx pro 853 and mh expride I've fished the enox bmj and to me the quality of the enox blows the other 2 away

10. Member
    I have two ALX Strike and they are fantastic. Very light and well balanced. Accurate. Plenty of backbone. Very pleased with them.

11. Member
    I have one being delivered tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Card View Post
    I have two ALX Strike and they are fantastic. Very light and well balanced. Accurate. Plenty of backbone. Very pleased with them.

12. Member
    Expride. All day long.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TableRock55 View Post
    Expride. All day long.
    100% Agree Expride
    Especially Now … ! The 2022 models are insane
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250