Thread: Free-will?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Free-will?

Definitions are very important with this topic. So, does everyone in the world have the ability to "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ" or are there only a select few? Thoughts on the verses?
    ezekial 33:11, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’
    John 3:17, For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Joshua 24:15 If it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.......But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

My interpretation is that Joshua exercised his free will.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Joshua 24:15 If it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.......But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord.

My interpretation is that Joshua exercised his free will.
    Good point.
    Mark 16:16, He who believes and is baptized will be saved;but he who does not believe will be condemned.
    Seems like a choice

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    Definitions are very important with this topic. So, does everyone in the world have the ability to "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ" or are there only a select few? Thoughts on the verses?
    ezekial 33:11, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’
    John 3:17, For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved
    On to those that the gospel has been presented, yes.
    On to those that the gospel has not been presented salvation is still possible, yes. Romans 2:14-16
    14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:15 which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
    16 in the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

5. Member
    John 6:44 “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

"No one can" is a very strong proposition.
    prop·o·si·tion

/ˌpräpəˈziSH(ə)n/
    Learn to pronounce

See definitions in:
    noun

a statement or assertion that expresses a judgment or opinion.
      "the proposition that all men are created equal"

Whatever your choice or belief is, you should be compelled to reconcile bible verses that at best seem " a paradox and at worse a contradiction".

My edit: I should point out that the verse I quoted from Jesus is very eschatological. (Will raise him up on the last day)

The particular way you interpret a verse is highly dependent on your particular eschatological view. This is why eschatology matters.

Jesus also said

John 1:29

The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Is the world now saved? the verse seems to say....... he took away the "sins of the world"? took away, seems to indicate they are no more?

I could post many more examples..............

Last edited by godsdozer; 01-22-2022 at 09:53 PM.

6. Member
    Dozer, when you say "saved" are you including believing and repenting or not?

Does this verse show He calls all to himself? john 12:32 32And I,if I am[e]lifted up from the earth, will drawall peoples to Myself.”

7. Member
    Dozer, when you say "saved" are you including believing and repenting or not?

Does this verse show He calls all to himself? john 12:32 32And I,if I am[e]lifted up from the earth, will drawall peoples to Myself.”
    I am trying my best not to edit your post . I think I have scrolled down to the end of your post.

Saved, to me is , Redeemed, bought, purchased, ransomed, Sins counted no more, they are cast as far as the east from the west, they are remembered no more, they are no longer counted against us....................blah blah blah blah.

It is also an eschatological term, which you do not agree with me. But most importantly you do not understand at this point.

It is fellowship with God as recorded in the garden, (walked in the cool of the day).

Now you're going to another verse.................. I am ok with that but this how arguments/discussions go down a rabbit hole.

Please re read my previous response and study. Then respond.

I appreciate your questions.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 01-22-2022 at 09:55 PM.

8. Member
    I must be honest, sitting here after responding to the question to me about "saved". I gave such a simple answer to that question I am embarrassed with my weak response; Gods Word deserves a much more thorough answer.

Saved means so much more than that according to the OT and NT.

Isaiah 61:10 ESV / 90 helpful votes

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

2 Corinthians 5:21 ESV / 51 helpful votes

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Job 29:14 ESV / 42 helpful votes

I put on righteousness, and it clothed me; my justice was like a robe and a turban.

Psalm 132:9 ESV / 39 helpful votes

Let your priests be clothed with righteousness, and let your saints shout for joy.

Philippians 3:9 ESV / 36 helpful votes

And be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—

Isaiah 64:6 ESV / 33 helpful votes

We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

1 Peter 2:24 ESV / 31 helpful votes

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Matthew 5:20 ESV / 31 helpful votes

For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 4:5 ESV / 30 helpful votes

And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Romans 14:17 ESV / 27 helpful votes

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 6:33 ESV / 25 helpful votes

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Romans 13:14 ESV / 22 helpful votes

But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.

Galatians 3:27 ESV / 21 helpful votes

For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Revelation 19:8 ESV / 20 helpful votes

It was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

2 Timothy 2:22 ESV / 20 helpful votes

So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Philippians 1:11 ESV / 20 helpful votes

Filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

Matthew 5:6 ESV / 20 helpful votes

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Romans 6:23 ESV / 19 helpful votes

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 4:11 ESV / 19 helpful votes

He received the sign of circumcision as a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. The purpose was to make him the father of all who believe without being circumcised, so that righteousness would be counted to them as well,

Genesis 15:6 ESV / 19 helpful votes

And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

1 John 2:29 ESV / 18 helpful votes

If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

Isaiah 61:1-11 ESV / 18 helpful votes

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified. They shall build up the ancient ruins; they shall raise up the former devastations; they shall repair the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations. Strangers shall stand and tend your flocks; foreigners shall be your plowmen and vinedressers; ...

Romans 3:23 ESV / 17 helpful votes

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Romans 3:21-22 ESV / 16 helpful votes

But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:

Romans 1:17 ESV / 16 helpful votes

For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

1 John 3:7 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

1 Peter 3:14 ESV / 15 helpful votes

But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,

James 5:16 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

James 3:18 ESV / 15 helpful votes

And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

Ephesians 6:14 ESV / 15 helpful votes

Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

Romans 3:10 ESV / 15 helpful votes

As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one;

Psalm 34:15 ESV / 15 helpful votes

The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry.

2 Peter 3:18 ESV / 14 helpful votes

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

1 Timothy 6:11 ESV / 14 helpful votes

But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.

Ephesians 4:24 ESV / 14 helpful votes

And to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

Romans 8:1 ESV / 14 helpful votes

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 10:2 ESV / 14 helpful votes

Treasures gained by wickedness do not profit, but righteousness delivers from death.

Psalm 106:3 ESV / 14 helpful votes

Blessed are they who observe justice, who do righteousness at all times!

1 John 3:10 ESV / 13 helpful votes

By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

Galatians 2:16 ESV / 13 helpful votes

Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

1 Corinthians 1:30 ESV / 13 helpful votes

And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

Romans 5:1 ESV / 13 helpful votes

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 4:9 ESV / 13 helpful votes

Is this blessing then only for the circumcised, or also for the uncircumcised? We say that faith was counted to Abraham as righteousness.

Proverbs 14:34 ESV / 13 helpful votes

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.

Revelation 19:7-8 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready; it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure”— for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

2 Timothy 3:16 ESV / 12 helpful votes

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Romans 4:13 ESV / 12 helpful votes

For the promise to Abraham and his offspring that he would be heir of the world did not come through the law but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 4:6 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

Romans 4:3 ESV / 12 helpful votes

For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

Romans 3:1-31 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Then what advantage has the Jew? Or what is the value of circumcision? Much in every way. To begin with, the Jews were entrusted with the oracles of God. What if some were unfaithful? Does their faithlessness nullify the faithfulness of God? By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written, “That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged.” But if our unrighteousness serves to show the righteousness of God, what shall we say? That God is unrighteous to inflict wrath on us? (I speak in a human way.) ...

Revelation 1:1-20 ESV / 11 helpful votes

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who bore witness to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, even to all that he saw. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven spirits who are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood ...

Philippians 4:8 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Romans 4:15 ESV / 11 helpful votes

For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.

Hosea 10:12 ESV / 11 helpful votes

Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; break up your fallow ground, for it is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.

Psalm 112:6 ESV / 11 helpful votes

For the righteous will never be moved; he will be remembered forever.

Psalm 93:1 ESV / 11 helpful votes

The Lord reigns; he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed; he has put on strength as his belt. Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.

Genesis 3:21 ESV / 11 helpful votes

And the Lord God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them.

1 John 2:1 ESV / 10 helpful votes

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1 Peter 5:10 ESV / 10 helpful votes

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Galatians 3:13 ESV / 10 helpful votes

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”—

Galatians 2:21 ESV / 10 helpful votes

I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.

Galatians 3:6 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?

Galatians 2:20 ESV / 9 helpful votes

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Romans 10:4 ESV / 9 helpful votes

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Romans 6:13 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.

Romans 5:19 ESV / 9 helpful votes

For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.

Matthew 28:20 ESV / 9 helpful votes

Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

1 John 5:18 ESV / 8 helpful votes

We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.

James 2:23 ESV / 8 helpful votes

And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

James 2:10 ESV / 8 helpful votes

For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

James 1:4 ESV / 8 helpful votes

And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Hebrews 12:11 ESV / 8 helpful votes

For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Titus 2:12 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,

Ephesians 4:32 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

2 Corinthians 6:14 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

2 Corinthians 5:17 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2 Corinthians 3:6 ESV / 8 helpful votes

Who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Romans 8:4-6 ESV / 8 helpful votes

In order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Romans 4:24 ESV / 8 helpful votes

But for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord,

Romans 3:26 ESV / 8 helpful votes

It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Romans 3:22 ESV / 8 helpful votes

The righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:

Romans 3:20 ESV / 8 helpful votes

For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Amos 5:24 ESV / 8 helpful votes

But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.

1 John 2:2 ESV / 7 helpful votes

He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

Hebrews 4:15 ESV / 7 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 01-22-2022 at 09:15 PM.

9. Member
    Here is some more

Romans 10:10 ESV / 7 helpful votes

For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Romans 5:17 ESV / 7 helpful votes

For if, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.

Acts 10:34 ESV / 7 helpful votes

So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality,

John 17:17 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Matthew 25:37 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?

Matthew 23:1-39 ESV / 7 helpful votes

Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, so practice and observe whatever they tell you—but not what they do. For they preach, but do not practice. They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long, ...

Daniel 12:3 ESV / 7 helpful votes

And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above; and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever.

Isaiah 62:1 ESV / 7 helpful votes

For Zion's sake I will not keep silent, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not be quiet, until her righteousness goes forth as brightness, and her salvation as a burning torch.

Deuteronomy 6:25 ESV / 7 helpful votes

And it will be righteousness for us, if we are careful to do all this commandment before the Lord our God, as he has commanded us.’

Romans 5:1-5 ESV / 6 helpful votes

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

John 16:2 ESV / 6 helpful votes

They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God.

John 3:16-17 ESV / 6 helpful votes

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Luke 23:47 ESV / 6 helpful votes

Now when the centurion saw what had taken place, he praised God, saying, “Certainly this man was innocent!”

Malachi 4:2 ESV / 6 helpful votes

But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.

Ezekiel 18:5-9 ESV / 6 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

“If a man is righteous and does what is just and right— if he does not eat upon the mountains or lift up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, does not defile his neighbor's wife or approach a woman in her time of menstrual impurity, does not oppress anyone, but restores to the debtor his pledge, commits no robbery, gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with a garment, does not lend at interest or take any profit, withholds his hand from injustice, executes true justice between man and man, walks in my statutes, and keeps my rules by acting faithfully—he is righteous; he shall surely live, declares the Lord God.

10. Member
    "Saved" began in Genesis when God was gracious by giving Adam and Eve fig leaves, to cover their nakedness......... and when God said:

Genesis 3:15, "it shall bruise thy head and thou shalt bruise his heel."

Praise our Lord and our God.

This thread is about "free will" man can decide. isnt it ?

Did Adam and Eve decide?, choose?, repent?, change their ways?, baptized?, spoke in tongues?, performed Catholic stuff?, performed Protestant stuff?, attended church?, was a preacher?, went on missionary trips?

Or was God full of Grace and Mercy and covered them?
    Last edited by godsdozer; 01-22-2022 at 09:40 PM.

11. Member
    And when God said "Genesis 3:15, "it shall bruise thy head and thou shalt bruise his heel"

Eschatology begins

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    And when God said "Genesis 3:15, "it shall bruise thy head and thou shalt bruise his heel"

Eschatology begins
    I was going to cut and paste the entire Bible, but you beat me to it :)
    Genesis 2:16-17 should answer if adam had free will. “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you[f]shall surely die.”

13. Member

Eschatology begins
    It's about Jesus being crucified (satan bruised Jesus heal), but He'd rise again to crush or bruise satan's head.
    You know that huge amounts of information don't do anything, right?

14. Member
    It's about Jesus being crucified (satan bruised Jesus heal), but He'd rise again to crush or bruise satan's head.
    You know that huge amounts of information don't do anything, right?

I agree it was about Jesus being crucified, buried and risen to crush or bruise Satan's head (eschatology since Genesis ie, last things)

huge amounts of Bible verse's don't do anything?

What does your response have to do with your title of this thread "free will". ? I thought I addressed free will in post #10 and post #5?

15. Member
    mram, Have you studied the "Protoevangelium": ?

16. Member
    What a great question and a tough one as well. Romans 9 - 11 address this topic and is a great study. I will point to Romans 10: 11-13. Paul cited biblical support for the universal offer of salvation. Salvation is for both Jew and Greek since the same Lord is rich in mercy to all. The promise is for all who call on the name of the Lord. The prophet Joel said, "Everyone who calls on the name of Yahweh will be saved.

I believe God our Savior wants everyone to be saved and our role is to use our voice and spread the word. The question is will they listen.

17. Member
    mram,

Can we agree on this point? Jesus, the Lamb of God lived about 28 or 35 years long prior to his death?

Those human beings during that period of Jesus's life who lived in China, Mexico, the America's, Hati, Australia, southeast Asia, ect ................. did they have free will? or did God just confine them to Hell (your interpretation, not mine)?

It is a very Jewish book

We read books (the bible) in a very modernistic sense as if it was written to us, or about us.

I find that very unsatisfactory.

Yes, I am aware of the "Romans" bible verses you are going to quote.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 01-23-2022 at 06:56 AM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjg11771 View Post
    What a great question and a tough one as well. Romans 9 - 11 address this topic and is a great study. I will point to Romans 10: 11-13. Paul cited biblical support for the universal offer of salvation. Salvation is for both Jew and Greek since the same Lord is rich in mercy to all. The promise is for all who call on the name of the Lord. The prophet Joel said, "Everyone who calls on the name of Yahweh will be saved.

I believe God our Savior wants everyone to be saved and our role is to use our voice and spread the word. The question is will they listen.
    Well said….Through Gods Sovereignty, He knows and chooses who is going to be saved….. and we must choose to “call” on the Lord. While we may see the two sides as contradictory in our feeble minds, it is certainly clear in Gods mind how the two work together. As you appropriately stated, our role, as believers, is to “use our voice and spread the Word” so that all have an opportunity to receive the Grace of God. Praise the Lord for His patience.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjg11771 View Post

I was talking to a christian brother who is calvanist and this topic always comes up. Good guy, we just disagree on free-will. I was curious what our guys here thought

20. Member
    mram,

Can we agree on this point? Jesus, the Lamb of God lived about 28 or 35 years long prior to his death?
    - we can agree :)

Those human beings during that period of Jesus's life who lived in China, Mexico, the America's, Hati, Australia, southeast Asia, ect ................. did they have free will? or did God just confine them to Hell (your interpretation, not mine)?
    - yes. They have free will to do what was "written on their hearts", as Dig posted above.
    It is a very Jewish book

We read books (the bible) in a very modernistic sense as if it was written to us, or about us.

I find that very unsatisfactory.

Yes, I am aware of the "Romans" bible verses you are going to quote.
    Are you aware of the book of romans? :) i added answers above too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast