santee last week of March

Thinking of heading to santee the last week in March for a week. anyone know a good place to stay around there?

2. Member
    Blacks camp

3. Member
    Heard that Stumphole Landing has new owners and all new accommodations. Restaurant and lodging.

4. Member
    Blacks Camp or the Canal Landing are on the Diversion Canal, gives you an easy option of fishing either or both lakes, or the Diversion Canal and backwaters if the wind is up.

5. Member
    Is blacks closed this time of year? I called and their voice mail was full.

I’ll also plan to be there that week. Blacks is open all year. The Canal Motel and Hill’s Landing are right on the canal giving you quick access to both lakes. There also Rocks Pond on the upper lake.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by techman View Post
    Is blacks closed this time of year? I called and their voice mail was full.
    This time of year they scale back a bit, if you called during the week they're fully open more on the weekends. The owner (Kevin) may have been on a guide trip or getting everything ready for the season.

I think the first week of April is the Toyota Series event, lot of guys probably going to be practicing.

8. Member
    My dad and uncles fished those lakes since the early 70,s. We stayed at poplar creek landing for years with most of the fishing up in the swamp. The lower lake we stayed at Leroy’s landing around the braswell slough area but that was early 80’s and I’d say it’s gone now.
    I,d rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6

9. Member
    Elite Series is March 17 th

10. Member
    WhT do you want to stay in, hotel, cabin, or a rental house on the water.

11. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Blacks on diversion canal, Carolina King or Santee State Park on the upper end.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Billy View Post
    Blacks on diversion canal, Carolina King or Santee State Park on the upper end.
    Tread lightly with Carolina King. I’ve personally never put in or stayed there, but I’ve heard a lot of negative chatter about the owner. Nice place, but I’ve heard he’s very difficult to deal with.

Blacks, Hills, and Canal Lakes are centrally located. Blacks and CL have nicer restaurants and accommodations than Hills.

Santee St Park is nice, they have a few cabins that sit over the water.

If you’re active duty or retired military you can stay at Short Stay on Lake Moultrie.