I need some dual mount suggestions for my setup

Hello everyone. I've had a Helix 12 on a large ram mount at the bow of my boat for the longest. I'm adding a helix 10 to use for mega live (instead of splitting time between mega 360 and live on my 12). My main difference than most setups is that I do not have recessed trolling motor pedal and can't recess one because of a brace in the way. My boat is a 2000 Coral 202 fish/ski. Attached are a couple pictures of what I have to work with and current setup. I need to be able to remove the bow panel when working on connections or running wires, so something mounted right up against it would be inconvenient for doing that. Yes the current ball mount is right against it, but i am able to pull panel and wires out and over the ball currently. But looking at it... i could back something up just a little and still probably be able to do what i need to do if working in there. I've been considering getting a bridge mount/over the pedal mount like I would use if I had a recessed pedal. I don't think I want one of the tall adjustable pole style mounts because I don't want it completely blocking my view like it would do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

20190105_152451.jpg

20181117_153423.jpg

20190105_152435.jpg

20200331_192510.jpg

20181117_153415.jpg
    Last edited by akaslyguy; 01-20-2022 at 08:55 PM.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

2. Member
    This one folds down for safe navigation.
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/pro...t-with-bridge/

Quick and dirty would be another mount on the bow step pad so the unit would sit on top of the Helix 12.
    '05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

4. Member
    OK slyguy first, which picture is your current setup one? Some have that panel that looks brand new to the one that looks rode hard and put up wet. It's a old boat, so your decisions should be well thought out. You have what appears to be a new Ultrex and M360.
    So start at that and let those units run your thought. Your main problem is that panel in the front. You will have to really look for options to make it better. If that panel is a problem,(you are pugging in Ultrex and charger to that panel) and it's starting to fail,
    a major re-wire couldn't hurt. The new boats are terminating the 24 or 36V trolling motor power in the bow and the TM wires
    run to it. Yours is terminated to that panel, which also appears has the charging terminated there.
    That can be a lot of wires terminated in a small spot. I would place my hardware worries down the line.
    There are alot of screws in that deck, I hope it's not getting soft, time to think about what you really need up there
    and sealing the deck. Carpet time and recessed T/M can be done.

Depending on the depth of your funding, you can upgrade the whole front end and install a charger for the T/M and you have probably already addressed the power for the M360 and the Helix's & the Ethernet switch depending on your chosen setup.
    It's a project for sure!
    Good luck with your choices!

5. Member
    There are different ways to go about it, that's for sure. For me, the most economical one would be to get a RAM-D 246 U square VESA base for the Ram D support you already have. This base is flatter than the round one you are using and the ball can be put at the back of it. It's also sturdier because it has more screws and you can place it more forward and have more room to remove the panel. The pedal for the electric motor can be on top of it. To stack two units, you can use something like the Precision Sonar PMS mount sonar bracket which is just a 90 degree piece of metal. The only thing you have to make sure is that this mount is strudy enough for the weight of two units and the weather conditions you will be facing.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    OK slyguy first, which picture is your current setup one? Some have that panel that looks brand new to the one that looks rode hard and put up wet. It's a old boat, so your decisions should be well thought out. You have what appears to be a new Ultrex and M360.
    So start at that and let those units run your thought. Your main problem is that panel in the front. You will have to really look for options to make it better. If that panel is a problem,(you are pugging in Ultrex and charger to that panel) and it's starting to fail,
    a major re-wire couldn't hurt. The new boats are terminating the 24 or 36V trolling motor power in the bow and the TM wires
    run to it. Yours is terminated to that panel, which also appears has the charging terminated there.
    That can be a lot of wires terminated in a small spot. I would place my hardware worries down the line.
    There are alot of screws in that deck, I hope it's not getting soft, time to think about what you really need up there
    and sealing the deck. Carpet time and recessed T/M can be done.

Depending on the depth of your funding, you can upgrade the whole front end and install a charger for the T/M and you have probably already addressed the power for the M360 and the Helix's & the Ethernet switch depending on your chosen setup.
    It's a project for sure!
    Good luck with your choices!
    You can't always judge a book by it's cover. No it's not new and fancy, but it's done right. I've had this boat for several years now and wiring was the first thing I worked on when I first installed graphs on it... several setups ago. The pics are from different time periods, but it's the same setup in all pics.... the bow panel was simply recently covered in a carbon fiber look 3m plastic to help the looks a little and faded switch covers were replaced with new ones when I had the carpet replaced. I have a blue seas fuse block in one of the rod lockers that my mega 360, ultrex puck, ethernet hub, and mega live connect to. From the fuse block to the battery I have ran 8g wire with a master cut off switch close to the battery. For giggles, I removed the connection for the helix 10 and helix 12 graphs from the fuse block and ran 10g wire directly to the battery for each unit. None of my electronics are tied to the original boats wiring. I do have 2 of the ACC bow panel switches wired inline to have power switches for my mega 360 and mega live, but that is all they are connected to. The tilt/trim, and nav lights are the other switches on the panel and they are wired from the original wiring harness. The trolling motor wires are not hooked up as originally done. Only 2 wires run from the trolling motor batteries to the plug at the front for the trolling motor. All batteries are charged by a minn kota precision charger. The deck is solid as a rock, but the bow panel insert itself is weak due to age/cracks.... which is why I covered the panel, but it is doing it's job... I just couldn't mount a graph to the panel or anything. The covered 12 volt outlet is never used.

I know it's an "OLD BOAT", and I appreciate the level of concern you have shown for it's weaknesses, but none of that stuff really gets to the question at hand of suggestions on a good dual mount option for 2 helix units based on the room available.
    Last edited by akaslyguy; 01-21-2022 at 04:48 PM.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real L View Post
    There are different ways to go about it, that's for sure. For me, the most economical one would be to get a RAM-D 246 U square VESA base for the Ram D support you already have. This base is flatter than the round one you are using and the ball can be put at the back of it. It's also sturdier because it has more screws and you can place it more forward and have more room to remove the panel. The pedal for the electric motor can be on top of it. To stack two units, you can use something like the Precision Sonar PMS mount sonar bracket which is just a 90 degree piece of metal. The only thing you have to make sure is that this mount is strudy enough for the weight of two units and the weather conditions you will be facing.
    Thank you, that was a product I had not seen or considered. Kinda like your saying... I don't know if I would trust the weight and getting the grip on the ball good enough. Sometimes the helix 12 makes it move on ruff water.

Stosiak and Javelin389 thank you both for the suggestions too.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

8. Member
    My suggestion would be a Bass Boat Technologies over the foot pedal dual mount or go with two RMP Versa Mounts to create the stack effect.

If you do the foot pedal mount you will want a Comfort Troll tray as well.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon@RMP View Post
    My suggestion would be a Bass Boat Technologies over the foot pedal dual mount or go with two RMP Versa Mounts to create the stack effect.

If you do the foot pedal mount you will want a Comfort Troll tray as well.
    Thank you. I wish I could do a tray, but a brace is in the way of where the hole would need to be cut on my boat.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

10. Member
    My apologies if I offended you and your old boat

11. Member
    My apologies if I offended you and your old boat