250 pro xs broken adapter plate options

Mercury 250 pro xs 1B787899

Unfortunately I have what I believe is a broken adapter plate after doing some research on here from striking a submerged object in the water. I plan on using the boat in the ocean so don’t want to reuse the standard adapter plate if it’s prone to breaking. I’ve read about the 250xs adapter conversion, but my Mercury dealer in Australia is advising on there system there are no adapter plates available in Aus or USA from there parts catalog.

There are blown 300xs motors floating around though, my question is can you use the adapter plate off a 300xs on the 250 mid with 250 tuner? I know it’s not ideal but don’t want to wait 6 months + on parts, and than I’d have the stronger offshore style exhaust adapter with the cast in mounts rather than the 250 pro xs version. Or is there any other factory combinations that are stronger than the 250 pro xs set up.

thank you
    Last edited by Promaxin; 01-21-2022 at 12:35 AM.

2. Member
    used your tuner/can on 300xs adapter plate and roll on down under , JOE
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    Thanks Joe, will track one down.

4. Member
    sorry to bug you again. No 250XS or 300XS exhaust plates available at the moment through mercury. I have found a plate from a 300X though, can this be used in its place with the fittings drilled into it for the opti powerhead?

5. Member
    Call Todd dephillips
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    never done it but i would surely think so if it has castings there for drilling , i know some of the later EFI plates have those cast ing
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    Call Todd dephillips
    whos that , has he got some xs parts ???????

8. Member
    new one in box in mtr parts for sale

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Folks- don't forget this fellow is in Australia.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    whos that , has he got some xs parts ???????
    lots, on here
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

11. Member
    Thanks for your help, the one for sale is the original 25o pro xs plate, trying to go down the integrated mounts route from a 250XS or 300XS to make it stronger.

12. Member
    dont blame ya

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    lots, on here
    found him