Make my mind up for me

I have a carbon 12 with LSS2 and a shoot thru hill 2d transducer. The 2D went bad. Should I knock out the 2d sonar and upgrade to the AI 3 in 1 or just replace the thru hull? Would I lose anything with the 3 in 1 other than being able to see the bottom on pad? Does the 3 in 1 allow me to see both 2d and structure scan at the same time? Thanks

2. Member
    Also, will my LSS2 Jack plate bracket work for the 3 in 1

3. Member
    I'd replace the in hull it's cheap and easy.
    Marc's got a video of course... We're lucky to have him on our team

4. Member
    Link for video?

5. Member

6. Member
    Thank you. Ordered the trolling motor puck transducer

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    I have a carbon 12 with LSS2 and a shoot thru hill 2d transducer. The 2D went bad.
    1. Should I knock out the 2d sonar and upgrade to the AI 3 in 1 or just replace the thru hull?
    2. Would I lose anything with the 3 in 1 other than being able to see the bottom on pad?
    3. Does the 3 in 1 allow me to see both 2d and structure scan at the same time? Thanks
    1. Assuming your type of hull makes it hard to get good readings while on plane, I would replace the shoot-through anyway. Since Active Imaging provides much better SideScan than the LSS you have, I would replace that and do so with AI 3 in 1. That way you can switch between two sources for 2D as well as having a back-up.
    2. No.
    3. Yes.

8. Member
    I agree with Team Colibri...and will add that a StructureScan3D unit is even better if you want to go that route. The connection is by ethernet cable to the back of your Carbon so you don't have to tie up the StructureScan port. This additional video will give you some insight to what I am saying:

ciao,
    Marc