Thread: East Toho ?

East Toho ?

Map looks like there is a canal from Toho to East Toho lake. Wondering if its navigable and if the fishing is any good on the lake there. Never hear anything about it. Going to be down mid Feb and was wondering if it worth checking out. Thanks in advance guys for any info.
    I think there's a Squatch in these woods !
    "I rough talked em"

2. Banned
    No. Spillway. Enjoy the crowds. Boats from all 50 frigin states.

3. Banned
    Beware of Orlando and I-4. Try and make it through the Orlando area early...like 4:30am. Otherwise be prepared to turn a 1 hr drive into a parking lot. Construction, wrecks and idiot drivers make pulling a boat a nightmare.

4. Member
    The St. Cloud canal is not navigable from East Lake to Toho. From the East Lake side you can boat up to the lock which is a couple hundred yards past the Lakeshore Blvd. From Toho towards East Lake, you can go to at least the Neptune Rd bridge, possibly to the lock but I'm not sure. You have to deal with the airboat tours that are based off Neptune Rd though.

The fishing on East Lake isn't bad and you can navigate from East Lake to Fell's Cove to Lake Ajay to Lake Hart and possibly to Lake Mary Jane, I've only gone as far as Lake Ajay though. The canals connecting the lakes offer decent fishing.

Avoid I-4 if you can, especially the downtown area. Orlando is an hour or more from Orlando and Kissimmee isn't much better. I live in St. Cloud and work in Kissimmee, 14 mile commute and depending on the time of day, it can take over an hour.
    2000 Ranger 518vx - 2019 Mercury Pro xs 200

Thanks for the heeds up guys.
    I think there's a Squatch in these woods !
    "I rough talked em"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmbtvet View Post
    The St. Cloud canal is not navigable from East Lake to Toho. From the East Lake side you can boat up to the lock which is a couple hundred yards past the Lakeshore Blvd. From Toho towards East Lake, you can go to at least the Neptune Rd bridge, possibly to the lock but I'm not sure. You have to deal with the airboat tours that are based off Neptune Rd though.

The fishing on East Lake isn't bad and you can navigate from East Lake to Fell's Cove to Lake Ajay to Lake Hart and possibly to Lake Mary Jane, I've only gone as far as Lake Ajay though. The canals connecting the lakes offer decent fishing.

Avoid I-4 if you can, especially the downtown area. Orlando is an hour or more from Orlando and Kissimmee isn't much better. I live in St. Cloud and work in Kissimmee, 14 mile commute and depending on the time of day, it can take over an hour.
    No boating past lake Ajay....another flood control spillway blacks the canal to Hart and Mary Jane. I lived in St Cloud for 37 years - so many good lakes to fish within 30 miles!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flabasspond View Post
    No boating past lake Ajay....another flood control spillway blacks the canal to Hart and Mary Jane. I lived in St Cloud for 37 years - so many good lakes to fish within 30 miles!
    After reading your post I had to look at Google maps again and sure enough, there's a spillway. I think the reason I didn't know it was there is because on my graph it showed as a through canal.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmbtvet View Post
    After reading your post I had to look at Google maps again and sure enough, there's a spillway. I think the reason I didn't know it was there is because on my graph it showed as a through canal.
    That's scary when you think about it.....imagine being barely on plane, early in the morning with some fog and your graph shows all ok...till you hit the barrel line and then in another 40 feet the spillway. Not at all saying that you would but too many guys rely solely on their electronics for navigation.

9. Banned
    That's scary when you think about it.....imagine being barely on plane, early in the morning with some fog and your graph shows all ok...till you hit the barrel line and then in another 40 feet the spillway. Not at all saying that you would but too many guys rely solely on their electronics for navigation.
    Honestly, if ur in an area unfamiliar than u shouldnt be on plane with anything less than 100% viz...much less fog.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Honestly, if ur in an area unfamiliar than u shouldnt be on plane with anything less than 100% viz...much less fog.

11. Banned
    No one has mentioned it but FWC pulled down East Toho last year and scrapped several areas to remove the muck and create new spawning flats. I also believe they planted eel grass and some other native vegetation. Haven't fished it but should improve future fishing.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    No one has mentioned it but FWC pulled down East Toho last year and scrapped several areas to remove the muck and create new spawning flats. I also believe they planted eel grass and some other native vegetation. Haven't fished it but should improve future fishing.
    ....and if its like previous drawdowns on East Lake the CHAIN PICKERAL fishing should be off the chain the next year or two

13. Member
    That's a very good point and honestly, I'll have to check my graph next time I'm out. It may have been the navionics app on my phone or I might have just missed it looking at google maps. I've never "planned" on boating all the way up there because it would be faster and more economical to just trailer the boat and launch in Moss Park.