Question Need help with a deck step

​​I have a 2000 Ranger R81. I have some knee challenges that make stepping from the floor to the front deck a problem. A buddy of mine said that he has seen a custom-made step for Rangers that fit exactly on the floor and double as a small cooler. He mentioned that a plug in the bottom of the step/cooler could be opened and drain directly to the bilge drain in the floor. He could not remember where he saw the step but thought it may have been on this forum some time ago. Can anyone comment on this or give me an idea of where I might go to get a step up that works and looks good? I'd certainly want it to be permanent so it doesn't move around in rough water. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkbass View Post
    ​​I have a 2000 Ranger R81. I have some knee challenges that make stepping from the floor to the front deck a problem. A buddy of mine said that he has seen a custom-made step for Rangers that fit exactly on the floor and double as a small cooler. He mentioned that a plug in the bottom of the step/cooler could be opened and drain directly to the bilge drain in the floor. He could not remember where he saw the step but thought it may have been on this forum some time ago. Can anyone comment on this or give me an idea of where I might go to get a step up that works and looks good? I'd certainly want it to be permanent so it doesn't move around in rough water. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    Also interested in any info