Question on mounting the livescope transducer with the barrel mount

Has anyone mounted their transducer with the provided barrel mount? Is there a disadvantage of mounting it this way compared to using the shaft mount? Do you get the same coverage as on the shaft or will the barrel of trolling motor cause some blockage? Since my multi species boat sits higher than a bass boat, I want to get the transducer as low as possible in the water. Thanks

2. Member
    They say the compass won’t calibrate with it on the actual motor because of magnetic interference.

3. Member
    I have mounted it everywhere possible. If you have no intention of ever using perspective view, I actually prefer the barrel over the shaft.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I had it on the barrel also with no problems.....keep in mind that you can calibrate it but once you flip it to perspective mode the calibration is gone. You need to recalibrate again....now calibration is not needed, it's used to mark waypoints in forward or down view.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbass2 View Post
    I have mounted it everywhere possible. If you have no intention of ever using perspective view, I actually prefer the barrel over the shaft.
    Perspective mode will not work if mounted to the barrel?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie660 View Post
    Perspective mode will not work if mounted to the barrel?
    Correct. There is no mount that allows one to flip the ducer sideways which is how perspective works.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro