Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Handgun cartridge from Federal

2. Member
    I’m not sold on this one. I’m sure it will fill a niche in the market

3. Member
    Lame. I would rather have a 7.62 tokarev.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Lame. I would rather have a 7.62 tokarev.
    There's a reason I prefer a 45 and it has nothing to do with number of extra rounds. I was taught a long time ago extra meant anything beyond 1. Shoot, I'd rather carry a 22 than one of these things.

I'm intrigued, I see the advantages they list if they perform as stated. Time will tell
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    Why develop new rounds when we can't buy almost any rounds PERIOD. Produce ammo and send to national retail stores and not let hoarders buy them up and resell on Gunbroker or similar hoarding sites charging twice the amount the ammo is worth. Liberals are laughing all the way to the polls how we are conducting ourselves. Divided from within.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Why develop new rounds when we can't buy almost any rounds PERIOD.
    Coming from an engineering backround, this round has likely been in development for years and just now is ready for market. Should Federal just scrap an entire project completely because there's been an ammo scarcity for 2 years? No... Things will (and already are) return to normal.

All that being said, I'll be curious to see what this round is like. Seems like it's filling the gap between the 380 and the 9mm.

8. Member
    As far as this round goes, time will tell. Personally, I don't have a need for this cartridge.

As far as introducing a new cartridge right now, I can see 2 sides of this. From a gun industry manufacturer's perspective, they can't produce anything fast enough, nor can they produce enough of it right now. Shelves are empty. Everything they produce is sold in short order, so on paper it almost seems like a great time to get something new out there and reap the benefits. And maybe it is the right time.

As a consumer (and speaking in general terms because I can handload for everything I own), the shelves are empty everywhere I look! I don't think I'm gonna mess with a new cartridge because I can't get ammo for it, or anything else I own, in any consistent fashion right now. And I haven't been able to for over 2 years.

I've caught myself thinking things are slowly getting back to "normal", but I end up believing I'm wrong thinking that way.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

9. Member
    Why develop new rounds when we can't buy almost any rounds PERIOD. Produce ammo and send to national retail stores and not let hoarders buy them up and resell on Gunbroker or similar hoarding sites charging twice the amount the ammo is worth. Liberals are laughing all the way to the polls how we are conducting ourselves. Divided from within.
    You can find plenty of ammo on ammoseek.com.

10. Member
    IMHO there's already a BUNCH of calibers and cartridges that do a really good job of what this is supposed to do. There is no "magic bullet".

11. Member
    Thanks for the link but their prices are insane and then overcharge for the shipping and many will not ship to NY even though that law changed years ago. But I guess if you're desperate it's a way to get VERY VERY expensive ammo.

I've had no trouble buying 9mm or 5.56 at my local Academy stores. Last week they had more than I've seen in a while. They had the large boxes Aguila 9mm and 22 which I like quite a bit and a whole shelf full of 200 round Winchester 5.56 boxes. Hopefully it'll keep improving but locally I have seen quite a bit of ammo available. As mentioned search on Ammoseek, I see it quite a bit cheaper on there than Academy prices. I have been watching Ammoseek and going to place some orders to save money over buying to at Academy.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I've had no trouble buying 9mm or 5.56 at my local Academy stores. Last week they had more than I've seen in a while. They had the large boxes Aguila 9mm and 22 which I like quite a bit and a whole shelf full of 200 round Winchester 5.56 boxes. Hopefully it'll keep improving but locally I have seen quite a bit of ammo available. As mentioned search on Ammoseek, I see it quite a bit cheaper on there than Academy prices. I have been watching Ammoseek and going to place some orders to save money over buying to at Academy.
    Yup... im not sure where he was getting that prices on ammoseek is so high. Yes shipping sucks but many of the suppliers give free shipping if you purchase a certain amount. Plus if I account for my fuel and time a shipping charge negates itself.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Thanks, I guess it really depends on what ammo you maybe looking for on Ammoseek. Take a look at 12 gauge 3" #2 shot for waterfall hunting (non-toxic) and then when I do find something I may be interested in it's $12 to $15 dollars to ship it or they wouldn't ship it to NYS. Still crazy IMHO in price and availability. I recently ordered a box of Federal PUNCH in .22 caliber for $10.99 plus ridiculous shipping costs right from Federal. All the Ammoseek findings were $12.99 or $14.99 plus the ridiculous shipping costs that pushes the cost of 50 count of .22's to over $25.

BTW when did Remington buy out Federal ? ? ?

15. Member
    Thanks, I guess it really depends on what ammo you maybe looking for on Ammoseek. Take a look at 12 gauge 3" #2 shot for waterfall hunting (non-toxic) and then when I do find something I may be interested in it's $12 to $15 dollars to ship it or they wouldn't ship it to NYS. Still crazy IMHO in price and availability. I recently ordered a box of Federal PUNCH in .22 caliber for $10.99 plus ridiculous shipping costs right from Federal. All the Ammoseek findings were $12.99 or $14.99 plus the ridiculous shipping costs that pushes the cost of 50 count of .22's to over $25.

BTW when did Remington buy out Federal ? ? ?
    I think Federal’s parent company bought Remington ammunition.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I think Federal’s parent company bought Remington ammunition.
    The reason I mentioned it was when I purchased ammo directly from Federal my credit card shows a purchase from Remington. Just curious.

17. Member
    this to me looks like the revolver version of 327 federal magnum. yes a great in between caliber. but in a time when the bigger and smaller caliber ammo is still overpriced, im trying to reduce my calibers . not interested in niche caliber ?

18. Member
    Meh. Lot of rifle calibers that claimed to fill the gaps have fell through the cracks and are now “oddball calibers”. Just my .02

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade150 View Post
    Meh. Lot of rifle calibers that claimed to fill the gaps have fell through the cracks and are now “oddball calibers”. Just my .02
    Everything we could ever need was invented before the 60s. The companies just rework dimensions slightly and try to market that BS to the gullible.

20. Member
    Reminds me of the 38 Super.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast