Looking for setup help. 20cc/225promax

Hi Bullet family I have a 1995 20cc Kevlar hull with a fresh rebuilt 225 promax that has a Brucato intake and ecu, 1 inch spacer, ccms stuffer and reeds, stock compression. My current setup is no trolling motor, single battery, 14” rapid jack, prop shaft is 1.25 inches above the pad turning a 32 bc performer 3. With 500lbs of people and 20 gallons of fuel do to water conditions I’ve so far ran 85 at 6200rpmMy goal is top end. Is 100mph a realistic goal with a single person? I would really appreciate any input from you go fast guys or Mr.Nichols. Thank you.

2. Member
    IMO your set up sounds pretty good. Since top end is your goal you likely may need to go up to 1.5" above or even more. I assume either a coned or sportmaster lower unit. 100 MPH does not sound out of the question but you MIGHT be a little light on horsepower. Also 100 mph might need more prop. Not sure what rpm that motor will turn. Upper 90s would be pretty easy.

3. Member
    sounds like you might need a little work to get to trips, Paul is your guy on this, think you can get there

4. Kllr bee
    need to get heads to bump up compression to match fuel system. A Mercury 32 Pro ET worked best on my 20XF comp.
    Richard aka kllr bee

5. Member
    Thanks for your input. Im running a fat shaft sporty. I ran a Hill 32ET that my buddy runs on his Stv it had no cup and didn’t run good at all. Best was 75 at 7100rpm. But I’ll try to find a worked Mercury to try. Thanks again.

6. Kllr bee
    Cut heads will really wake that motor up with that Brucato system.
    Kllr bee

7. Member
    Will do kllr bee. I’ll update after I raise the motor.

8. Member
    He is right, also I have found that my Promax doesn't like 15" diameter props. ET's run the best on mine but slung to many blades.

I have a spare set of 34cc heads for that engine I would probably sell as well.

9. Member
    You are not that far from me and there is no set up for your boat to do what you want it to do, so
    sell it to me. Just kidding, now on Fork it is really hard to find the water you need to run that fast.
    We test boats on Bob Sandlin and last week we had a Allinson week end, with one running a 450 on
    the back of it. Not that fast on top end but got there supper quick. Mid range Bullet XRDs running 300XS
    could not stay with him or even close. There is a boat like yours with a 300R on the back running 112/113.
    If you want to come over a try better water text me at 903 563 9203 would say call but I have the ROBO guard
    on the phone. Set on your boat may be a little wrong but the water will tell us if you need some changes.