HELIX 10 depth reading help please.

I have a Gen 2 Helix 10 on the console of my 2018 Bass Cat. My depth reading started acting up and would not give me a accurate depth reading in any type of water. I assumed it was my transducer. $300 plus later i had my my Mega SI transducer changed out and there is no difference. Still reading anywhere from 100-1000 Feet of water no matter where I am. Any suggestions from you guys? I am not very savvy when it comes to electronics but before I spent any more money I thought I would ask in case this was an issue you all have dealt with in the past.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

2. Member
    There is a couple things I'd try. Reset the factory defaults and make sure you've updated to the most recent software.

3. Member
    Call HB
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

One of the software updates fixed that. And it may still happen, if so, turn off 83 kHz when in less than 15' depth.

BUT with that hull, you should be using a shoot-thru XP 9 20 transducer in the bilge for 2D/Depth. That shoot-thru and the SI transducer connected to the display with the 9 M SIDB Y cable. 2D comes from the shoot-thru all the time. A failed shoot-thru or one that has come loose from the hull could be your issue.
    If you have that setup, disconnect the Y cable from the unit and both transducers. Then connect the SI transducer directly to the display and then do the same with the shoot-thru to see if the unit, Y cable, or transducer is the cause.
    Last edited by Wayne P.; 01-19-2022 at 08:11 AM.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thank you so much and I will give these suggestions a try.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.