Where is the internal compass on garmin force

I'm getting poor calibration numbers from my motor and the only thing I can find wrong is I have a lot of magnetic interference in the drive gear area any help would be greatly appreciated thanks 20220119_181143.jpg20220119_181143.jpg

What range of calibration numbers are you seeing?
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    After about 20 to 30 times on a glassed out lake the very best has been 79 most are 63 to 72

If your trolling motor performance is acceptable then I wouldn't worry over those calibration numbers. If I recall correctly, my typical calibration numbers are only slightly higher than yours (usually in the range of 75-83).
    Garmin Pro Team

I believe the compass is in the "E-Box" where the on/off switch is. I have read that even having the pull cord draped over it will effect the compass.

6. Member
    So there's nobody on this site that knows where it is only a few people having an educated guess garmin doesn't seem to know ether as I've asked them 3 times with no answers

7. Member
    I was unable to get my Force to properly calibrate even swapped out the entire servo sub assembly which is everything except the mount assembly and ebox so I just replaced it with an Ultrex. When talking with garmin they indicated that the pull cord over the ebox could affect spot lock so I assumed that’s where the compass was. Trollingmotors.com sells the antenna, not sure if this is equivalent to the compass but they may be able to help you out.