Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    It is the identical battery made by East Penn. You are paying 70 dollars more and getting 30 months of warranty instead of 18.
    it is not the identical battery. Check out the specs of each battery. I studied these very close and made all of the comparisons. The BP is longer amp hour rated, a little heavier also.
    You should study a little bit before you speak up.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I got mine at Batteries Plus. The price was good plus I got an additional 15% off for signing up for text messages. I was going to stop the text messages but haven't. I'm hooked on their good deals.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwest View Post
    it is not the identical battery. Check out the specs of each battery. I studied these very close and made all of the comparisons. The BP is longer amp hour rated, a little heavier also.
    You should study a little bit before you speak up.
    You are incorrect .They are the identical battery. East Penn does a run of these same batteries and then relabels them for the retailer. Sam's Club (Duracell), O Reilly (Super Start), Batteries Plus (Duracell), Canadian Tire (Nauatilus) and of course their own Deka (8A31DTM), and others. It is far too costly to retool to change specs slightly for each retailer. The cases and terminals are identical. Often though the retailer does not publish the absolute correct specs. If you want the correct specs for all of those above batteries, go to the spec sheet for Deka/East Penn and look for the Intimidator AGM 8A31DTM. You can call East Penn to verify, something I did (and others on the electrical forum) several years ago. If you need further verification, simply go over to the electrical forum and put up a post. This relabelling of this specific East Penn 31 AGM battery has been discussed many times over the years there.

There is no absolute formula for converting RC to AH. A good approximation is that RC is about twice the AH. So the 105 AH that Battery Plus publishes would be in order of the 210 RC published by East Penn for an 8A31DTM.

And, I would suggest sir, that perhaps you are the one to do more study before posting.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    I would go into the store. The local store inventory kept saying no and then I was in the store and there were plenty on the pallet.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

5. Member
    https://www.driveduracell.com/pub/media/wysiwyg/2152.pdf

Only difference is higher cost to get longer warranty.

Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

6. Member
    I contacted East Penn before I bought mine a few years ago and was told they are the same battery.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12