Thread: Putting Mat

Putting Mat

For Christmas I received a Perfect Practice Putting Mat. (You know, the one with Dustin Johnsons face on it). 2 weeks after getting it out of the box I still can not get this thing to flatten out. Has anyone else used one and if so how did you get the best results? I have used an iron and some books sitting on it, but haven't had nay luck. The edges are rolled up and will move the ball every single time.

2. Member
    play the break

You have any area rugs in your house? Put it under there for a while.

I have one and so do all my the guys i golf with. We all had success with using an iron. Mine was curled on the edges just like yours. I flipped it over, let it lay that way for a few days, then used the high steam setting on the iron.

What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 200xp View Post
    I have one and so do all my the guys i golf with. We all had success with using an iron. Mine was curled on the edges just like yours. I flipped it over, let it lay that way for a few days, then used the high steam setting on the iron.

I thought about doing this and did for just a small timeframe but I’ll try again and leave it over the weekend while I’m out of town. Putting has always been my biggest issue in shooting lower. Hoping this can knock a few strokes off and be more consistent.

On a side note, how many putts is everyone averaging per round? I’m up around 34 if I had to do an educated guess.

Let it sit in the sun on the driveway for a couple hours.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    I thought about doing this and did for just a small timeframe but I’ll try again and leave it over the weekend while I’m out of town. Putting has always been my biggest issue in shooting lower. Hoping this can knock a few strokes off and be more consistent.

On a side note, how many putts is everyone averaging per round? I’m up around 34 if I had to do an educated guess.
    Practicing on the mat helped me a lot. My entire focus is making the ball stay on the white line all the way to the hole. I spend most of my time at 6 to 8 feet. I also have the mirror that I lay on the mat, it helps me to get in the correct position. I have spent countless hours on the mat and it really helped me create a smooth and consistant putting motion.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.