VX20 Factory 3rd Trailer Step Option?

Anyone have any experience with the factory 3rd step option vs an aftermarket option? My boat will have the 2 steps just trying to decide on the 3 step option. Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    Mine had two step on it I’m just to fat and old for two step. I Ordered trick step bolts right up using factory bolt holes nice handle plus three steps.
    Last edited by Skeeter A; 01-18-2022 at 09:21 PM.

3. Member
    1 week too late! I just ordered the 2 boat steps from Vexus. I have the 3 step version and took them off. They work fine but just a little to big and bulky for me. As stated above, they work great and match the trailer perfectly, after market steps may be a little cheaper in price but may not match your setup. Good luck

4. Member
    I was considering ordering the Bass Boat Concepts aftermarket setup which I believe mounts overtop of the top step from Vexus and then provides a handle. So total you still have two steps but with a handle. Anyone running these? Any pics installed on a Vexus? Thanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapwood2012 View Post
    I was considering ordering the Bass Boat Concepts aftermarket setup which I believe mounts overtop of the top step from Vexus and then provides a handle. So total you still have two steps but with a handle. Anyone running these? Any pics installed on a Vexus? Thanks
    ?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter A View Post
    Mine had two step on it I’m just to fat and old for two step. I Ordered trick step bolts right up using factory bolt holes nice handle plus three steps.
    I hear ya.
    I have two steps on my Ranger and the tongue becomes the third step. I can definitely see the benefit of the 3 I was just curious about the Bass Boat Concepts Handle setup before making a decision.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Della123 View Post
    1 week too late! I just ordered the 2 boat steps from Vexus. I have the 3 step version and took them off. They work fine but just a little to big and bulky for me. As stated above, they work great and match the trailer perfectly, after market steps may be a little cheaper in price but may not match your setup. Good luck
    I was wondering about the bulkiness too. I know some setups I’ve seen the steps end up being nearly on top of each other so it’s hard to use them. That’s the main reason I was trying to figure out a two step option but I definitely need the Handle. I use the steps and handle on my current trailer the most when loading and unloading by myself. The steps and handle make it much easier to get from the boat to the truck without getting in the water.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapwood2012 View Post
    On website sir.. under the Vexus reviews tab on top of home page..
    www.bassboatconcepts.com

IMG_1095.jpg

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    if you boat has not started production yet, i would suggest adding the three step trailer to the build order.
    talk to your dealer or Sales Rep

-Steve

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    if you boat has not started production yet, i would suggest adding the three step trailer to the build order.
    talk to your dealer or Sales Rep

-Steve
    Thanks! Hoping it shows up in the next week or so. Started production either last week or week before. Can’t wait

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unclesam321 View Post
    On website sir.. under the Vexus reviews tab on top of home page..
    www.bassboatconcepts.com

IMG_1095.jpg
    Thank you sir

12. Member
    U bet!

13. Member
    For those of you with the two step and 3 step options, do they limit your turning radius at all or risk hitting your bumper (or tailgate if down) on a tight turn?
    I have a Ranger with trick steps right now and don't have any issues but I've seen other brands of boats where they are a problem. I'm looking at a Vexus now and thought I'd ask the question just to be safe.
    Thanks

14. Member
    My 3 step has hit my bumper once. I had to back up basically through a forest road and had a sharp angle to deal with. My spotter was supposed to be watching for the jack knife. I have since bought a longer hitch. It’s about 4 inches longer so that should be enough for most backing up situations.

15. Member
    I have the same story as above. Also my pole rusted at the step. The step is one of the few things that disappointed me about my boat.