Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    How does the Hummingbird 360 work if the tm is running? I am assuming it must have blurry picture also.
    Think about it
    if moving (like on TM) it will have some distorted images. It does work well and since it's on a POLE w/ it's turning / rotating sonar you can use the TM Anchor/spot lock mode. works well

the LOWRANCE 360 uses the TM to rotate the TM to make a 360 image (rotates 180) and the 3n1 transducer will produce a very clear image, again based on drift or movement its clear. and it's very detailed. But you do have to use it separate from the ANCHOR mode as it will kick out of 360 imaging to Anchor.
    if one day they have a rotating 3/1/360 nose cone it would be awesome. currently IF you have LIVE/Carbon/TI2 units w/Ghost TM and the 3n1 transducer nose cone it's a free deal.
    is just a tool and works very well.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

2. Member
    How about an Active Target nosecone?

Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    Possibly coming.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdeepv View Post
    That would be cool but not really practical as you would always have to point your trolling motor in the direction you want to search. The aftermarket poles (manual or electric) are much better than this option.

5. Member
    I bet they are working on something to bring added functionality via the Ghost nosecone.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STRETCH1 View Post
    That would be cool but not really practical as you would always have to point your trolling motor in the direction you want to search. The aftermarket poles (manual or electric) are much better than this option.

It's funny how everyone's opinion differs. I have no desire for an aftermarket pole, because I want to be able to control where I'm looking with my foot. I bass fish and am constantly scanning new places. Mounting it on the trolling motor shaft is just fine with me.

If I were crappie fishing and constantly staring at the same brush pile, I wouldn't mind a separate pole.
    2023 Puma STS

7. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I agree on the AT but with the 360 on it's own pole it would be scanning all around with no worry for which way your TM is pointing or moving.

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I agree on the AT but with the 360 on it's own pole it would be scanning all around with no worry for which way your TM is pointing or moving.
    why although a die hard lowrance guy I have 1 lowrance and 1 helix on the bow to utalize true 360 with birds mega 360. its a nice free so to speak option but cant compare. useless while on spotlock and useless while using active target. unless the active traget was on a seperate pole, but still useless while using spotlock.

9. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    True, that's why I hope a dedicated ducer for Lowrance 360 is coming

Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    why although a die hard lowrance guy I have 1 lowrance and 1 helix on the bow to utalize true 360 with birds mega 360. its a nice free so to speak option but cant compare. useless while on spotlock and useless while using active target. unless the active traget was on a seperate pole, but still useless while using spotlock.
    It doesnt have to be that way. If the ghost could use the structuremap feature, the scan would be on your map and would be even better and more useable. This is all thats needed. Sweep, map, spotlock, active target, fish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12