Active Target Scout mode issue

Hello all, I recently posted about not getting any return on Scout mode, and I figured out something today... If my Lowrance HDS 16 Live at the dash is turned on, I get no reading on scout mode from both of my 2 HDs Live 12, if I turn the 16 inch unit at the dash off again, I immediately start getting a reading, it’s very frustrating. Would anyone know why? I also tested Ethernet, as soon as I unplug the Ethernet cord out of my HDs 16 while it’s turned on, I get a reading on scout mode, if I plug it back in while the 16 is turned on, the screen on my HDs 12 active target just goes black with no return, looking for any help or suggestions. Thanks!
    2012 Ranger Z520 Comanche
    Evinrude E-Tec 200HP

2. Member
    Update your software version 22.1, backup your waypoints and trails, and do a hard reset on all units after updating your Active Target and LIVES (and StructureScan3D if you have it).
    ciao,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Update your software version 22.1, backup your waypoints and trails, and do a hard reset on all units after updating your Active Target and LIVES (and StructureScan3D if you have it).
    seems like it fixed it as I’m no longer having the issue, the hard reset definitely helped, thanks so much Marc
    Evinrude E-Tec 200HP

4. Member
    Excellent! Glad to help.
    ciao,
    Marc

Out on the water right now and having the same issue, I don’t understand why
    Evinrude E-Tec 200HP

6. Member
    Sounds like you could have an intermittent issue on your cable from the 16. I would get another cable hook it up on both ends like the current cable just run it over the deck to test and see if the problem goes away.

7. Member
    Explain how your ethernet cables are setup (how are all your units connected)?

Are you using a StructureScan3D box in the configuration?

Where is the Active Target yellow wire connected?

Are all units on the identical software (all HDS units, Active Target, etc.)?
    ciao,
    Marc