36v Lithium Battery Charging

So just the other day I ordered an Amped outdoors 36v 60AH battery, and it also comes with a 10amp charger. The more research I did I kept hearing differing opinions on charging lithium so I emailed them directly. The responded “I would pull it when complete, lithium do not like to sit at a 100% state of charge for a long time. They really need to breathe when full.” Normally with my lead acid batteries I plug them in on my minn Kota charger and just let it ride like that till I use the boat again. Seems like a hassle to have to pull the plug on the charger every time it reaches 100%. What has y’all’s experience been with charging lithium’s and is there any way around this dilemma?

2. Member
    I have an impulse 36v 40ah. Bought a 10 charger from aegis battery. Bluetooth shows as soon as the charger light is green it goes from 9.7 amps to 0. I think my charger detects it’s full and is done. Probably would kick back on when the voltage drops down to rest. For that reason I just take it off when the charger is green.

3. Member
    I take mine off charger as well.

4. Member
    I have the exact battery you have and called and asked them the same thing. I have my lithium charger and my agm charger both mounted in the boat and wired so i connect my extension cord to a through hull connection that powers both. I have always plugged in my chargers for 1 day each month during winter storage, before I got lithiums, to keep them topped off. I simply unplugged my lithium charger with the quick disconnect feature that is included with the Amped Outdoors lithium batteries. What the tech told me was that even though my battery was at full charge when I stored it this winter, if I didn't charge it throughout the winter, it would drain a little throughout storage and be good to go next spring. BTW, Amped Outdoors customer service is outstanding. I have called them a few times and a person has always answered, not automated stuff, and that person has answered my questions and been very knowledgeable.

5. Member
    After rereading your initial post, I realize your question was a different situation than my answer. During fishing season I do only keep my chargers plugged in until they are fully charged then unplug. But the Amped tech did tell me that long time non use of lithium at 100% charge is not the best thing.

6. Member
    Thank you for the response! Seems like I will just have to adjust to not leaving my batteries on the charger all the time like I have done in the past. As far as their customer service, yes I am very pleased so far. I emailed them expecting a 2 day delay and got a response literally within minutes

7. Member
    Unlike lead acid, dont charge them when you return. Instead, charge before you leave.

If I plan to fish Sat morning, charger goes on Friday night.

This is assuming you have main switches to disconnect / stop any draw on the batteries while in storage.