Looking for trip recommendations

Hi all,

Going south from Minnesota middle of March. Probably end up in east Texas someplace but looking for recommendations. Big and little lake recommendations are appreciated. Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana are also fair game.

Thanks BBC!

There are a lot of good lakes in East Texas that you could hit. Fork is the first that comes to mind, of course, but also I have other favorites: Lake O' the Pines and Lake Palestine are at the top of my list. Further south, Sam Rayburn and Toledo Bend. There are a lot of good guides on Fork listed on other threads that you could get to show you the lake, and put you on some good fish.

3. Member
    If you end up in the Sam Rayburn area don’t hesitate to try Lake Nacogdoches and Naconiche, smaller lakes but not bad fishing and you can fish them on any wind. Just remember these Texas lakes have lots of stumps that can ruin your trip. If going to Fork or Rayburn I would suggest investing in Lance Vicks Boat Lanes chip, can save you lots of time and money. Right now fork is 6 or 7 feet low, who knows what it will be in March.

4. Member
    Fork and Rayburn are going to be crazy that time of year. Fork will be packed and tournament pressure on Rayburn will make it tough. I was down there last year for the winter. Nacogdoches was a lot of fun to fish and easy to navigate. There was a lot less pressure. Lake O' the Pines is a tough one to navigate, but a lot of fun and will be less pressured.

Yea the big lake will be packed as everybody said, I would hit the small ones like Nacogdoches and Lake Winnsboro.