Thread: PartsVu ?

PartsVu ?

Anyone use partsVu ? I Was in the process of repowering a boat and needed a few parts. Placed an order for parts I was told were in stock. Well after holding up the project for a month or so still no parts I went elsewhere. I received emails from them about a holiday sales and decided to order a few things to winterize the ole boat. 8 items ordered and paid for, 5 items sent. Contacted them and stated I was missing part of the order. I was asked what all was missing. Received 2 of the 3 items a week later Finally today 2 months later I call about the last item (6) bottles of fuel stabilizer and “we’re still out of stock” and would you like to cancel this order or wait? Sometimes people tell you who they are but we never listen. Keep in mine both orders were paid in full. SMH

I just ordered from them for the first time a couple weeks ago. Was smooth and quick
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

3. Member
    I have purchased the Yamaha fuel treatment from them early this year and had no problem. I received it in just a few days.

I then ordered a new prop... nothing showed me that it was out of stock. I first received an email confirming the order followed a few days later with an estimated ship date. My card was charged for the purchase at the time of the order. I figured it was on it's way. I do not remember exactly but a week or so later that date was moved out to about 4 weeks from my order date! I then called after that time passed and they said it would be another delay. I expressed my dissatisfaction of them charging me for the purchase even though it had not shipped out and had them promptly cancel my order. My card was credited that day. They had the money for 30 days and no quick sign of shipping the prop to me... Bad Form! I get the supply issues but do not charge the customer until you can ship the product!
    2021 Skeeter ZXR-21 with 250 Yamaha SHO, Pro II Power Poles, Atlas Hydro Jack Plate

4. Member
    This was my issue with the company also. It’s seems every week I’m receiving an email about promo’s or some sort of sale on the same items they’re waiting on stock for. I don’t understand how a company as well known would have such bad business habits.

5. Member
    I've placed a few orders with them. They are hit and miss. I had some simple "in stock" filters take 3 weeks to make it to me, but I assumed it was due to shipping related issues. I also had low pressure fuel pumps on order and I ended up cancelling it after 45 days with no estimate on a shipping date. Because of the headaches, I don't use them anymore unless I absolutely have to. I prefer to buy my stuff in person at dealers just because it is quick, but I usually use Crowley Marine if I have to place an online order. They are consistent and reliable.

6. Member
    I had the same issues so I switched to Crowley Marine. They are great. The website shows real time inventory and they expedite for cheap.

7. Member
    I just ordered a new fuel filter canister assembly from Crowley Marine and it was cheap and fast.

I've placed more than a few orders with PartsVu and they have always been great.

I placed an order for a case of Ring Free+, and fuel stabilizer Monday night, shipped on Tuesday, and received it Friday. Just ordered a non vented SHO Factory Cover last night. I will see how long it takes.
    2021 Skeeter Zx225
    2021 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Ultrex 112# w/ Ipilot
    Helix 12 Mega+SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ SI
    Helix 9 Mega+ DI
    Helix 9 Chirp/GPS
    Garmin 1222 w/ LSV32
    Ionic Lithium

10. Member
    I’ve ordered from them 3 or 4 times, never had a problem

11. Member
    I've ordered about 5x from them and have been extremely happy. Fast service and even called them one time and they put they pulled their head tech out of the shop to answer my questions. I recommend them to everyone.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan triton View Post
    Anyone use partsVu ? I Was in the process of repowering a boat and needed a few parts. Placed an order for parts I was told were in stock. Well after holding up the project for a month or so still no parts I went elsewhere. I received emails from them about a holiday sales and decided to order a few things to winterize the ole boat. 8 items ordered and paid for, 5 items sent. Contacted them and stated I was missing part of the order. I was asked what all was missing. Received 2 of the 3 items a week later Finally today 2 months later I call about the last item (6) bottles of fuel stabilizer and “we’re still out of stock” and would you like to cancel this order or wait? Sometimes people tell you who they are but we never listen. Keep in mine both orders were paid in full. SMH
    I no longer use them. Their "return policy" is that if you open the box you have violated their "original packaging" policy and the item is not returnable.

It only cost me $400 to learn this lesson.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by egammon View Post
    I no longer use them. Their "return policy" is that if you open the box you have violated their "original packaging" policy and the item is not returnable.

It would have cost you $0 if you would have read the return policy they clearly put on their website for all to read or ordered the correct parts to start with...

Quote Originally Posted by egammon View Post

Lol, I've lost count of how many times I've seen this now.

Let it go, serenity now!

NaiveBlueCaecilian-size_restricted.gif

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamelau View Post
    It would have cost you $0 if you would have read the return policy they clearly put on their website for all to read or ordered the correct parts to start with...
    The company has extremely bad business practices. Advertising parts as being in stock but not having them isn’t good. I was charged for over $300 worth of parts “paid” in full. Waited on them for 3 weeks to finally be told they should be shipped in a couple of weeks. If you don’t have stock why charge the customer. WTH Just saying.