Helix G4N transducer splitter question

I just purchased a mega 10. It comes with the all in one SI transducer which i have installed. On my previous installation (Onix), i needed a separate skimmer transducer and a splitter cable so that the 2d reading came from that skimmer and the DI and SI came from the other transducer. That said, i was in the process of purchasing a XNT 9 HW T transducer along with the 9 M SIDB Y cable. THe humminbird site has a Q&A though that is worded strange and has me concerned that doing it this way would cause me to not have DI readings at all.

Is It True That It Splits The Signal Electrically? So That There Is No Way Of Using The 2D Of The SI/DI Unit? What If I Just Want To Use An Alternative 'Ducer?

Yes it splits it electrically so you can use both transducers at the same time. If you want to use the 2D and/or DI of the SI transducer you will need to remove the Y cable.

It seems HB is saying that i can't use the splitter cable and retain my DI reading. Is this right? Sure seems like it shouldn't be but this answer has me concerned.

Last edited by kybluediver; 01-17-2022 at 02:34 PM.

1. A SI transducer and a DI transducer has a 2D piezo in it for 2D sonar/Depth.

2. A 9 M SIDB Y cable disconnects (no wires) the 2D piezo in a SI or DI transducer. It connects (wires) an added 2D transducer in place of the 2D piezo. That's it, no other function is changed, eliminated, or added.

3. The ONLY difference between your ONIX and the Helix is the number of conductors in the transducer cable and Y cable. The Y cable does exactly the same thing.

If you need the same installation type as with the ONIX, then #2 above is what you need.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne. That is what I thought it should do but their answer on HB's website had me questioning that.

4. Member
    Wayne: I put a dual beam transducer (xnt 9 20 t) on a y cable ( 9 M SIDB Y)
    with a 999ci hd si unit in order to get a high speed reading. I did not see the dual beam transducer in the system setup. I went to the transducer and felt the pinging on the dual beam after it was plugged in but did not see it in the system set up. Am I doing something wrong? I do have a network set up with 5 port ethernet hub, dongles, ethernet cables, GPS heading sensor, a helix 8 mega di g4n and a helix 8 mega side image g4n networked. When I hooked up the dual beam transducer to the 999 I did not have the other helix units hooked up to the network. I also did not see the GPS heading sensor in the system setup. Just showed info on the 999 in the system. When I hooked up the GPS heading sensor to the helix 8 mega side image g4n the other day it showed up on the helix units that were networked.

Quote Originally Posted by badaxed View Post
    Wayne: I put a dual beam transducer (xnt 9 20 t) on a y cable ( 9 M SIDB Y)
    with a 999ci hd si unit in order to get a high speed reading. I did not see the dual beam transducer in the system setup. I went to the transducer and felt the pinging on the dual beam after it was plugged in but did not see it in the system set up. Am I doing something wrong? I do have a network set up with 5 port ethernet hub, dongles, ethernet cables, GPS heading sensor, a helix 8 mega di g4n and a helix 8 mega side image g4n networked. When I hooked up the dual beam transducer to the 999 I did not have the other helix units hooked up to the network. I also did not see the GPS heading sensor in the system setup. Just showed info on the 999 in the system. When I hooked up the GPS heading sensor to the helix 8 mega side image g4n the other day it showed up on the helix units that were networked.
    Nothing changes using the Y cable except the physical location of the 2D source. There is no menu selection that has to change and network is not involved.
    Read paragraph #2 in post #2.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    thanks Wayne