Thread: The End Times

The End Times

In Matthew 24:3, the disciples ask Jesus “Tell us . . . what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” Jesus responded in part, “And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars, see that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet” Matthew 24:6.

Unfortunately, many believe anytime there is a conflict in Israel or in the surrounding areas, it means that Jesus is close to His Second Coming or is/has come. But Jesus tells us not to be alarmed at these conflicts (“the end is not yet”). Jesus also spoke of false Christs (Matthew 24:5), famines, and earthquakes (Matthew 24:7), warning that “all these are the beginning of the birth pains” (Matthew 24:8).

Jesus further tells us of the end times, “For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.” (Matthew 24:21). Since Jesus’ resurrection, there have been wars and tribulations that have escalated throughout the centuries…from the Jewish/Roman War in AD70 to the Holocaust and WWII (and beyond). The latter wars and tribulations have been far worse than the former. Yet, we still haven’t reached the “great tribulation” that Jesus spoke of in the Bible.

Jesus tells us, “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only” (Matthew 24:36 NKJV). Moreover, when asked by His disciples if He will now restore the Kingdom of Heaven, Jesus says (as He was about to ascend to heaven), …“It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority (Acts 1:7 NKJV).

God “desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:4) “The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)

Our time on earth is short but there is still time to respond to God’s Grace.

Last edited by Chisco; 01-17-2022 at 06:46 PM.

2. Member
    I misread and misunderstood matthew 24 for years. Missed the "but the end is not yet".
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mram10us View Post
    I misread and misunderstood matthew 24 for years. Missed the "but the end is not yet".

I did as well….when studying Matthew 24, it’s also important to consider the key passages in Daniel that mention the term “abomination of desolation”… Daniel 9:27; 11:31 and Daniel 12:11 as well as 2 Thessalonians 2:4 and Revelation 13:14-15.
    Last edited by Chisco; 01-17-2022 at 08:09 PM.