Ranger Warranty Work In NC (Raleigh Area)

This is not intended to start any conflict / arguments / flame wars / etc. just want some opinions and advice. I live in Raleigh and need some warranty work done - my obvious choices are Anglers Choice in Martinsville / Lexington, or Collins in Smithfield. Has anything experience with both, or either?

2. Member
    All 3 are good. I use AC in Martinsville.

3. Member
    AC I go to Spindale but all are good.

John Walker - Matthews NC

2021 Ranger RT198P - Mercury 150 4S - Enertia Eco
    VesselView Link - MotorGuide Tour Pro - Lowrance Carbons

4. Member
    What kind of warranty work you having done? Did you purchase it form a dealer? It's good to set up a relationship with one if you didn't purchase from one near you.

I live about 1 mile from Collins so I've never had a need they couldn't address so no reason to go elsewhere.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rtinplnc View Post
    What kind of warranty work you having done? Did you purchase it form a dealer? It's good to set up a relationship with one if you didn't purchase from one near you.

I live about 1 mile from Collins so I've never had a need they couldn't address so no reason to go elsewhere.
    Yeah bought new from Pro's Choice in Mo. 6 mos. ago. Have dealt with AC in Martinsville on previous Rangers.

AC on Martinsville is an A+ place to deal with, great people, great service and bring alil xtra money for fishn gear

7. Member
    Any other input before decision time?

8. Member
    As an update I called and spoke with Scott at Collins and Deborah at AC Martinsville about what I needed done and if they could help. After both conversations, it was a no brainer for me to make the 2 hour drive to Martinsville and I'll leave it at that. Scheduled an Appt. with Deborah for 9am this morning and they had me out within 3 hours and back on the road. Absolutely top notch group of people and will be happy to give Sandy and Nick more of my business. And yes KCG I also dropped $400 in the tackle shop

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina_cowboy01 View Post
    As an update I called and spoke with Scott at Collins and Deborah at AC Martinsville about what I needed done and if they could help. After both conversations, it was a no brainer for me to make the 2 hour drive to Martinsville and I'll leave it at that. Scheduled an Appt. with Deborah for 9am this morning and they had me out within 3 hours and back on the road. Absolutely top notch group of people and will be happy to give Sandy and Nick more of my business. And yes KCG I also dropped $400 in the tackle shop
    What ended up being the problem/solution?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCS15 View Post
    What ended up being the problem/solution?
    Cable was popped, which I knew because it was bound in the bilge the way it was rigged and a valve in the hose was stuck open as well as there was a "diaphragm" that had rolled over and stuck it open. They also order a decal I needed and are replacing my steering wheel as it has a cosmetic issue. They could not address the carpet issue as it was too cold, but said come back when it is warm and they will square that as well.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina_cowboy01 View Post
    Cable was popped, which I knew because it was bound in the bilge the way it was rigged and a valve in the hose was stuck open as well as there was a "diaphragm" that had rolled over and stuck it open. They also order a decal I needed and are replacing my steering wheel as it has a cosmetic issue. They could not address the carpet issue as it was too cold, but said come back when it is warm and they will square that as well.
    cool deal glad you got it fixed. I was curious about the wet carpet I’m still puzzled but hopefully they get it right when it warms up.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NCCS15 View Post
    cool deal glad you got it fixed. I was curious about the wet carpet I’m still puzzled but hopefully they get it right when it warms up.

Oh you meant the wet carpet in the rod box on the front starboard side - I think I sorted that out - there has to be a drain in that compartment under the carpet - most likely on the inside side of the box near the rear of it and if there is any water in the bilge and the boat is level, not nose up, that water has to be getting in that way.